Friday, January 28, 2011

Priorities?

You know you are "hooked" on hooking when you spend the day before minor surgery dyeing wool to make sure you have enough of the background for your current project!  I had a fairly minor surgical procedure this morning and I am amazed that I actually feel pretty good this evening. 

Yesterday, we had another snow day which was perfectly timed for my little trip to the hospital.  I got up early and pulled out the dye pots and managed to get a lot done.  Plus, all that measuring dyes, soaking wool, and lifting hot water pots took my mind off my anxious feelings!  I spent today sleeping off the anesthetics, and when I checked in tonight, I had many posts to get caught up on!

I worked hard on the Valentine mat yesterday...about half done.
Now, I can spend the next few days letting hubby wait on me and hooking a bit here and there!
Take it easy...I know I will! ;-)
Courtney

6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Well I hope it is minor and you will be fine. sweet rug I love your colors. I wish I liked to dye but everytime I try it come out not like I wanted.
Take it easy
cathy

Julia said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery Courteny. Hooking seems like a very nice way to pass the healing time away.

Sweet Valentine rug. JB

Kim said...

Your little rug is looking lovely. I hope you are feeling better soon. Relax and rest up this weekend and let hubby wait on you.
Kim

Cathy G. said...

Hope things go well for you Courtney. It's always a good feeling to have it over with! Now you can lay low and hook while you recoup. The colors are looking nice and springy!
Take Care!
Cathy G

Joanne said...

Too funny dyeing wool before your surgery! Hope your recovery is fast and glad you are having a good night! You are a true hooker!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
I'm glad the procedure went well and that you got your wool dyed so you can work on the rug. It is very sweet and I love your colors. I hope hubby takes very good care of you.
Hugs :)
Lauren