What a wonderful surprise to be so welcomed to the blogging community. As promised, I'll post some of my finished projects. I started with rug hooking kits and now I'm moving to using more of my own wool stash.
This was my first "rug" which I made into a pillow. It looks so bright in this photo, but the colors are richer in person. I love penny rugs and would like to tackle one in applique as well.
My Santa, also a Sharon Perry kit came next. This hooked up fast and was easy and fun to do.
This was a great schooner pattern that I found in Rug Hooking Magazine. I hooked this before I discovered dyeing. The original sky in the magazine was made of lovely shades of grayed blues. I tried that with blues that weren't in the same color family but it didn't work. So, I ripped out the entire sky and went with a gray plaid. It looks stormy...but I am still tempted to rip again, dye wool, and do the whole thing over.
My little stool is a Karen Kahle pattern from Rug Hooking Magazine. Hers was done in those wonderful antique muted shades and I loved it. I went with all the little worms I had and mine is darker by far. I do like it though.
I'll post some yarn photos later.
Have a great MLK day!
Courtney
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 2
5 hours ago
3 comments:
Your rugs look great!
I remember that Karen Kahle star from the magazine. You did a nice job on it.
Thanks for posting the pictures. What are you working on now???
great job but don't rip out the sky just move on. If not you will get hung up on all of your pieces at one point or another. You are very talented to pick this up with out a teacher.
can't wait to see more
Cathy
Hi Courtney - Welcome to blogland! I signed up to follow your new blog and look forward to getting to know you and see more of your rugs!
Post a Comment