Do you ever get to a point in a mitten when you think, "I can just tuck my thumb into the mitten and not have to knit that teeny, tiny little thumb circle"?
This was a great little mohair Border Leicester mix I spun up. I made a scarf first, then needed the mittens to match, only the yarn is a bit on the bulky side and the needles are size 6. Ow. They are warm though.
On a rug hooking note, I'm so happy, because the pattern I scored on Ebay came today. Notice that I have plenty of patterns, but very little wool. ;-)
It's so cool, with Santa flying over the town. It's big, too--enough to be an actual rug on the floor--a first for me! I got this puppy for only $12.
We are headed for more snow tomorrow. Another snow day, perhaps? I am volunteering to give an after school program in primitive rug hooking starting in two weeks. I met Happy DiFranza at the Mayflower Rug Hooking Guild in December and she sent me 8 patterns and hoops for the class. Boy, is she ever talented!! I'll chart our progress as we go along. I am bringing all my worms for them to choose from to start hooking. Unfortunately, my Bliss cutter is being repaired, so I'm hand cutting the old fashioned way for any other types of wool. I threw in a request for recycled wool clothes from anyone who signs up, so I could get some good donations. That will be great to practice dyeing on and then let the kids go to town.
Thanks for all your encouragement on my little Valentine's rug. I'll start that this weekend. Tonight I need to ply up yarn and start spinning the 2nd merino. My dear oldest son brings my basket of yarn to work with him and peddles it to his co-workers. It started on New Year's Eve. One of the waitresses at the restaurant where he works was upset because the yarn store had closed and she hadn't stocked up. (We've all been there, admit it) So he said, "I can get you some "sick" yarn." (It sounds so sketchy in print!) So the next day, he brought her the basket and she dropped $92.
Does this make me a wool pusher? I hope not!
Have a good one folks!
Courtney
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 2
5 hours ago
3 comments:
oh there could be other things you could push that would be worse. There is a lovely person in chelmsford ma (I think) that would like to hook up with someone who could teach her and a friend how to hook. are you near there email me
cathy
Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ that's how I found yours! You've got quite a few little rugs that you've done!! Good for you! Yes, you can incorporate your yarns and rovings into a rug ~ the roving might not work for ones that will be used on the floor but great for wall pieces!! Continued hooking fun to you!
Great score on Ebay! That's a cute pattern!
Your yarn looks fabulous! That's a great idea with asking for recycled wool clothing in exchange for the after school rug hooking lessons! Hope you get some nice wool there!
Love your mittens too! Another someday for me is to learn to spin! I should have started all these things I want to learn when I was 12 LOL!
I'm running out of time!
You are doing a great job on your blog Courtney..... great posts!
Cathy G
Post a Comment