Monday, January 31, 2011

You Know You're.......



You know you're a hooker when:
  • You want to rip the skirt off of a co-worker because it's a gorgeous wool plaid
  • Your carpet is littered with little bits of wool confetti
  • Your house smells like wet sheep and pickles
  • You think everything might look better with a hit or miss border
  • Every surface of your home has a little wool mat on it
  • You have 20 hooks, but you can only hook with your "special" one
  • Driving through town, your eye is drawn to houses painted with "primitive colors", and you wish you could get some wool like that
  • You can never decide: light background or dark background
  • You fear moths
 Feel free to add to the list!
THE ONE!

Cheers!
Courtney

9 comments:

Larkrise garden girl said...

You know your a hooker when you are on to your next project when you still have to finish the one your working on.
You know
your a hooker when you see your
girlfriends stash of wool and have Hooker Envy!
You know your a hooker when for any holiday you want wool!
You know your a Hooker when you have Hooker Friends!

Gayle said...

......when you dream about hooking in your sleep!

P.S. I'd love to see a picture of all your hooks - looks like you have some cool ones there!

Kim said...

Hahaha Great list. You know you are a hooker when you look at the price tag at the shoe store and stop to think how much wool that might buy instead!
I have tried many hooks, like you, and still go back to my first one.

acorn hollow said...

you know your a hooker when a rug hooking magazine comes in the mail all work stops and you hide away to read it from cover to cover.
Love your list and you are right about the hook. I have a bowl of hooks and I still use my bent nail hook.
cathy

Julie said...

Courtney, love your list. Here's another to add; you know you are a hooker because when you go on vacation, you either attend a rug camp or stop at all the wool shops along the way!

Julia said...

I love your list too and you know you're a hooker when you stop buying clothes for yourself and rather buy a bolt of wool. JB

Jacque. said...

Hey Courtney...great list!!! Also, thank you for visiting my blog. I was unable to reply to your comment because you are a no reply commenter...but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
My first hook was a Hartman. I've bought a couple since and have not pulled more than a dozen loops before I pick up the Hartman again.
Great list!!!
You know you're a hooker when you have 10 shades of barn red wool and none of them are "right".
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Melaine said...

You know you're a hooker when you contemplating driving to the thrift store half price sale in a storm, lol