Are the rest of you suffering from cabin fever? I know I am. We must have 3 feet of snow out there. I did not work on my Valentine's rug, I did not spin up the rest of the blue merino for a customer, and I certainly did not clean the upstairs bathroom which needs it badly. Instead, I did this:
Yes, I made a very strange looking cat out of an old paisley skirt that no longer fits me. (I did make the brownies last night -grin- ) I gave her a wool scarf for the cold and added a birdie scarf pin. I know, I need help.
Antiquing went well. I score some small items that were cheap, cheap, cheap!
No, that was the price, not the chickens cheeping. Aren't they cute? If I can't have a new chicken coop like Verde Farm, then I can get a little rooster and hen to keep me company.
Here is my other score:
A little blue and gray pottery candle sconce. I usually shop a at cool place in town. It's called Jennie's and the prices are great. I always find a bargain there. In fact, I think that I might have found an interesting Wade figure. Does anyone recognize this?
It has no mark on the bottom, but it sure looks like a Wade. My friend Linda collects them, so I'll give it to her. In fact, she is the Teaching Assistant in my room at school, and she uses the Wade figures as rewards for her students.
Finally, I want to introduce you to my baby, Gus. He'll be 12 years old on Thursday. He has just been diagnosed with Cushings disease this past fall. He he getting very fat, because he doesn't like to go walking like he used to, but he is my buddy.
He's a Cardigan Welsh Corgi and the second best dog in the world. The first was the Cardi I grew up with named Burt. They are a lot alike actually. If you know Corgis, then you know how wonderful they are.
I am so thrilled to have over 10 followers! I love and appreciate your comments, and I love following your adventures, too.
All the best folks,
Courtney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
good girl doing a fun project and not cleaning the bathroom. Oh we would be great friends! I love your cat I think he/she is cute. and your poor baby are you treating with drugs?
Stay warm it is coooooooooollllddd in NH
Cathy
Yes, Gus is on a daily med for the Cushings. My husband thinks he's starting to look as big as the wild pigs we saw on TV the other night that are apparently taking over many parts of the country. If we can lose the snow on the steep hill of our street, we'll start him on short walks again. He's a corgi and they "talk" to you. He's very vocal about his treats. Cesar Milan would not be pleased!
Gus is very cute!!! Not sure what Cushings is, but I hope he is doing ok on the meds! Just like our kids, we hate to see our furbabies sick.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
Well Courtney, you are not alone having cabin fever...... and I see you are coping well with baking brownies and creating cute things! Our bathrooms match as well! LOL
Glad to meet Gus...... I've always loved Corgi's ( Tasha Tudor) books to blame! I have been thinking how wonderful it is that we have met here in blog land as we seem to have so many things in common. Smokey, our Bishon Poodle has diabetes. I can relate to your situation with Gus very well. Be careful on your walks when the hill gets better! ( Cesar Milan should try living here where we can't even see the street 6 months out of the year! LOL I have learned a lot from him though and our two fur boys are much better behaved as a result but they probably wouldn't get passing marks in Cesar's class.)
Hugs,
Cathy G
Post a Comment