Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hookers Love to Share Their Wares

I feel so incredibly blessed this week!  I have had such wonderful gifts arrive from some amazing hookers!

First off, I was so fortunate to win Kelley's wonderful giveaway at With Hook and Needle.  Kelley is an amazing rug hooking artist.  I've been following her for a while and I'm always impressed with every mat she produces.  She also has some lovely kitties which are fun and entertaining!  Please go check her out, you won't be sorry!

This is what arrived in the mail for me!
Could he get any cuter?  Plus, he is hooked in a wide cut...maybe an 8.5, so he's squishy soft.  Then, she whipped stitched with yarn and instead of binding tape, finished it off with lovely wool strips.  Now, she said she'd ship him in worms...wool worms, that is...and boy did she ever!
Wowza!  Beautiful roses, blues, golds...all perfectly cut and ready to hook.  She is too wonderful to me!  I just couldn't believe it!  Then, if that weren't enough...she sent me two lovely pattern doodles to play with...I'll save them for later...maybe even using these worms in the process!

I also have had lovely folks send me patterns and wool and roving.  Special folks....you know who you are...and I am honored to learn from you!

Over Christmas, I went to a very cool sale at an antique cape in Kennebunk, Maine.  The owner, Claudia Hopf, a wonderful artist, opens her home for shopping every year.  My dear friend Judy invited me and off we went.  The house was prim heaven...filled with antiques, hooked rugs, and lovely art.  This is one of Claudia's pieces.
She also had 3 or 4 other craftspeople joining her.  One was a wood carver.  He and his wife were lovely to meet and chat with.  Here's a little bird that I bought that day.
Sweet, huh?  Well, this guy has a website...and they are having a sale March 3rd.  Here's the link.

He does amazing work...holiday stuff, Americana, whimsy...if you like carvings...head on over!

I have many new followers and I'm so touched you think I'm interesting. I still can't add anyone to the blog list...so I'm holding off following you....I'll remedy that as soon as Blogger fixes its glitches!   I really need to post more...but vacation is coming...so I'll try to be better!

Cheers!!

21 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

congratulations to you; happy day for you and that's always a good thing!

Jacque. said...

Congrats on winning Kelley's giveaway. She is amazing in so many ways. I have a sheepie mat that she hooked for me...very primitive...that I treasure. She is a very generous and caring friend.

Lovely other things, too!

Dreaming said...

Your snowman prize is so cute! Lucky you.
I do like your bird. I'm heading over to see what I can see! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Welll I would say you hit the jackpot...what a beautiful mat you won from Kelley and the other goodies well I can only image.....

Have a great weekend...

Cathy G. said...

Oh that Kelley! What a sweetheart! You will have fun with that cute mat and all the worms and patterns!! She keeps us all inspired!!
Rug hookers are the most generous and caring people! That good energy attracts more followers to your blog! I always say I'm going to post more too..... it's a struggle but we can do it Courtney!!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Congrats!! What a nice mat!!

Saundra said...

Your Kelly giveaway win is awesome... and with cut wool strips as well. You have hit the motherload. What a great way to start your vacation week.

Hope you will share your dye results and get me motivated to do some dying as well. I've got all these light textures which need to be dyed in the same pot AND have some very undesireable dark plaids which I should make into a primitive black pot. You can never have enough primitive black.

Saundra

Pom Pom said...

Oh, that looks like A LOT of hooking fun!
I love wooden birds, too!
Happy weekend!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the giveaway win! That little snowman is adorable! Love the bird, too.

acorn hollow said...

Lucky you! all your amazing gifts.
Love the snowman and would love to know about the kennebunk house is it durring the christmas prelude?
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
What great goodies. Lucky you to win that mat from Kelley. It is just too sweet. Love your other treasures, too.
So when do we get to see your new dry sink?
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

Just lovely, I love the bird!

Angela said...

Wow, love the snowman mat and the way she packed it was so neat. Double goodness. That little bird is too cute. Woodcarvers have always amazed me. Thanks for sharing. Have a great Sunday.
Angela

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Indeed you do have wonderful wares to share. Congrats on your win!!!
Cute bird too!
Prim Blessings
Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

Congrats on the lovely rug win! Love the little carved birdie.Warm Blessings!~Amy

moosecraft said...

Lucky you! Kelley hooks up some wonderful stuff... and the wool worms will be a treat to hook with! So soft! Some great finds at the sale...

Stephanie V said...

The snowman is so cute. And using worms for packing is a great idea for sending a gift to a hooker.

And I love that bird. Having home sales has long been a dream of mine. Maybe if I can get enough stuff together...someday. In the meantime, I'm looking up this artist.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney everything looks lovely!Cheri

Jane said...

Lucky you! Really cute mat and what great finds. Are you going to use your worms in the hit and miss pattern for your spring urn?

Julia said...

Congratulations on your Kelly win, Courtney. That little snowman is just the cutest. The wool worm are a prize too. Such lovely colors. Happy hooking. JB

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congratulations, my friend, on a very sweet win from Kelley. I love the little snowman dude!! And yummy looking worms! Wonderful little framed piece too....You have been on a lucky roll, haven't you?!!! Enjoy! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin