Oh, I am so excited! I'm going to my very first hook-in at the end of April. Camp Wool in Maine is hosting a spring hook-in for two days and I'll go on Saturday! I've never been to one before and I'm thrilled. There's a "Make a Critter" challenge to raise money for an animal shelter. I actually drew out a cat pattern,
but now...can I actually hook it up fast enough to bring it along? I do have April vacation to hook my little brains out, so it's possible!! I heard about this event from Cathy at Acorn Hollow. Thanks, Cathy!!
I've fallen down on my posts this week. It's been crazy at work...spring fever, no doubt. But, I'm staggering home each night. Yesterday, I thought it had been such a long week, then realized it was only Tuesday! Sigh.
I'm working along on my rug and have some border to show you.
It's coming...but I have much more to go! I'll need to dye more wool soon.
Have a good evening!
Courtney
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 2
5 hours ago
13 comments:
YAHOO! Courtney I am so excited you got in. I just can't wait to meet you and share a day of hooking. Love the kitty.
Cathy
Oh gosh! You will have so much fun at the hook-in. I remember the first one I attended & I was just awe~struck! WOW! Be sure to take pictures to share.
Your cat pattern is wonderful! Your hooking is moving along beautifully too.
Enjoy the rest of your week... hope it goes faster than the first half.
Oh ... you East cost girls have all the fun! Makes me wish I was back there and going with you.
Your rug is beautiful! And your kitty is purrrfect!
Thanks for all you help. I really do appreciate any and all help.
Have a great reat of the week.
Teri♥♥♥
Oh my goodness, I am loving the brown and blue in your rug.
I like the cat you drew up also. Looks like a calico.
Enjoy your hook in they are so much fun. We are planning a first ever one here in Warsaw in Sept. that will have vendors.
Courtney, I'm so excited for you as I know you were waiting to see if you had a place. Bring your camera along. I love your primitive cat. Lucky you. You get to meet Cathy of Acorn Hollow.
I Can't wait to get to my hooking retreat on Friday. I've been so busy and I'm still not ready. I have to leave Blogger for a while to get things done. But I'll be back. Have as much fun as you can handle. Hugs. JB
Courtney,
How fun you get to go to a hooking retreat...now, I love the blue and the mauve in that piece you started of the water can and flowers...very pretty!
Love the cat pattern! And I like the colors in the rug you have in progress too!
Courtney ~
Your hook in sounds like great fun and lucky you that you get to meet Cathy! Pleae take lots of pictures to share!
I love the colors in your rug. It is coming along nicely.
That's wonderful that they are raising money for an animal shelter. You know how I feel about rescue!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren
Courtney, the cat pattern looks fun to hook and I love the posies in the basket. The colors are great! Well done!
Wow Girlfriend - really liking your basket of posies....And absolutely ADORE that kitty rug you came up with. YIKES!! Can't wait to see that hooked!! Right up my proverbial alley! Please be sure to take pictures and share with us! Lucky you - have fun at the hook-in. Never been to one. (They'd probably kick me out.) ;o) Hugs-Robin
You go girl! That cat is beyond fabulous! It MUST be hooked to help those little homeless cats and dogs....you can do it! Love how your basket of flowers is progresing.
You're going to have SO much fun at your first hook-in! Like everyone else said, be sure to take lots of pictures to share with us! You're very talented to draw up that cute cat rug
Can't wait to see this rug finished.
Post a Comment