Hi Everyone!
I am adjusting to being back at work this week. It's amazing how you can slip into another routine during vacation and feel some culture shock going back to work. I've been trying to get myself around what I need to do at work, so I've been a bit lax in posting. I did, however, finish my little rug!! Remember, this is a Primitive Betty's design and I know I need to send it off to her and maybe even be in the Friday finishes! How cool would that be?
This rug is important to me. I finally relaxed enough to enjoy the process. In the past, I needed to have a picture to follow, but in this case, I had none. So, I had to experiment. I chose colors I liked. (Nice advise I received) Then, if I didn't like a certain color combo...I changed it. Some folks advised to keep going...and I did with the background, but I find that I don't mind unhooking when something jars me. Perhaps I am still feeling my way with a color plan. Who knows. All I know is that I really enjoyed working on this project. Ok, I had a couple of anxious moments about my abilities...but in the long run I like the piece. And that's a good thing! The best part is that I'm excited to start a new project, instead of being a bit nervous about it!
My little class is coming along. We couldn't meet the week before vacation, and then last week was vacation, so it was a bit like starting over today. I don't have any pics (forgot the camera), but I will next week! They really started to "get" the hooking technique, and I just cut wool for them and listened to their "tween talk". Fun!
So many folks in our blog world are thinking about making the most of life...appreciating friends and family...and thanking God for each day. I struggle with these thoughts too. I think that some of life doesn't necessarily reflect who we really are, but despite that, we need to focus on the parts of our lives which bring us joy. Those are the authentic moments...the reasons we are here. As I immerse myself back into the day job, I need to remember that I am also a creative person, and I can share that creative side in all I do! Who knows who we are inspiring! Just some end of winter pondering....
Keep searching for joy folks!
Cheers!
Courtney
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 2
5 hours ago
11 comments:
Hi Courtney, The best thing about creating and having hobbies you enjoy is it always keeps your mind in a good place. As the wheels of your brain move in a creative way I think it helps to keep you young at Heart and enjoying Life.Your rug looks really good! Cheri
Courtney,
The first few days back after vacation are rough. The rug looks great. The best part of finishing is getting to start the next one! I'll have to check out Primitive Betty's designs.
Well Courtney...... you are certainly inspiring ME! Well put about focusing on the things that bring us joy! Your rug is a testament to what comes from following our hearts and allowing ourselves to relax in the process of creating! Being able to share it with others through teaching ( I can just visualize your little students happily hooking and you cutting the wool!) is another blessing that radiates happiness!
I love your rug! By all means submit it to Betty's for the Friday Finishes!
Hugs!
Cathy G
I LOVE what you're doing with your rug...great color choices!
Courtney ~
Great job! I really love your colors, especially all the shades of black in your background.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
The rug is beautiful!
I love your rug and to think it helped you with your process of color planing makes it special. I am with you my job gets in the way of my creative self all the time. but with out my job I do not have the money for my creative self. I feel that life can be your attitute more than anything else in life.
love that your teacking kids hooking
Cathy
Courtney, Thanks for the inspiring thoughts about being positive and finding the joy in the moment. I love the rug. How will you finish it? Thanks for sharing. Lisa
Courtney, to answer your question, I do not use a formula, I make my own, just eyeing it. So far I've been lucky but I wonder for how long. I now have all my primary colors formulas and now I have to read up on how to proceed for the rest.
I love the colors on your rugs, they are very relaxing to look at.
Too bad about your vacation being over. I hope that you'll get back in the routine soon and that the people you work with are nice to come back to. Have a great day. JB
I love this rug, it's wonderful and the colors are perfect!
This is such a pretty design!!! I need to get a new piece started!!!
Post a Comment