Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday's Fabulous Find

I love Fridays.  My husband and I call Friday night "The Golden Time".  The day was full, too full, so climbing in the car and heading home was just the best.  I decided to stop off at a gift place on my way home.  It's new, and I've never been in there before.  It was ok.  I picked up a couple of things I'd add to a gift basket in the future.  Then, I thought I swing into the antique store two buildings down from there.  It's a big place, but doesn't change that often...but luckily we do change and that's when you find great stuff!!  This is what I scored:
It's about 1/2 yard of slightly damaged paisley.  Now, lest you think I'm made of money...this sweet deal was only $20.  The other paisley I used in my rug was only $35 and it's twice this size.  I almost swooned and snatched it up like I was at a bridal sale at Macy's!  There wasn't another soul in the shop, but  I spent the rest of my time there clutching it to my chest, while I half-heartedly looked around.  I left with only the shawl...what more did I really need?
Arriving home, I had another package.
and...
Another great dye book.  The box holds the little swatches from the recipes.  You know how I love dyeing!!  So, my weekend is set.  Stroke the paisley, dye wool, and try to bind the next rug!  Hey, I actually finished binding the little flower/heart rug and now I'm onto the Valentine's pillow. (Remember that one from back in February?)  BTW, do any of you have a favorite light background recipe you'd like to share using Cushings dyes?

The weather is Springy and I'm happy to have two days off!!   Enjoy the weekend everyone!!
Courtney

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

oh I am speechless you lucky duck! I love the shawl and what a steal. My husband and I like friday nights also. we sit and have a drink and talk about our day or week. husband is cooking burgers as I post this ah the weekend. It is what we live for isn't it.
Cathy

Julia said...

What a great find and what a great feeling it must have been to find such a nice piece of paisley wool. Friday is your lucky day.

I'd love to have that dye recipe book. I've been meaning to send for April's Color Palette dye book but I've been procrastinating. Have a safe weekend. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
What a GREAT find. I've never hooked with paisley, but it has such a great look when hooked!!! Lucky you.
Have a fun weekend hooking and dyeing. Binding is not the fun part.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne said...

oOOH What a wonderful find on those paisley's! I have hooked with it before and it gives it a cool look (in small doses in my opinion).

I'm not good at dyeing lights (with my water) but I have your new book too and that "angel dust" is a nice light but very prim looking - you can tweak it to what base color you wish.

Kim said...

Great score with the Paisley. I can see you lurking around the store clutching it. lol
Happy dyeing with your new cookbook.

Jacque. said...

ohhhh, you'll really like Wendy's dye recipes. Lovely paisley...I never hooked with any, though I certainly would have liked to! Have fun with it!

Gayle said...

Oh MY Courtney - I'd say that life is really good for you right now! Can't think of a better way to spend the weekend that what you have planned! Yay for finding the paisley - I've never owned a single piece. Have looked at some on ebay but I'm never sure if it's the right stuff for hooking.

Tracy said...

Courtney,
The paisley is really pretty...what a gorgeous red. I like the comment about the store's not changing but we do. That certainly is true of a great deal of things, isn't it?
I hope you enjoy your two days off! There is nothing like 'down time'
Enjoy!

weaverpat said...

Hi Courtney,
I tried to email you about the bread recipe, but Blogger doesn't recognize hotmail as a default email and that's what I use. If you go to my blog and email me from there, I can tell you about the bread recipe.

Love that paisley shawl piece. Paisley looks wonderful when hooked in a rug.

brenda said...

lucky score with the paisley! Will you be able to cut it up?