Monday, March 14, 2011

Chugging Away

Progress report on my current rug.  I am really happy hooking this.  Maybe because it's simple.  I've changed out the interior leaves from a dull green to more of a blue green.  They pop more now.  I actually look forward to hooking on it all day!
Now I'm into the background, trying to echo the basket and leaves before tackling the scalloped border!

The time change is knocking me for a loop.  We spent the morning cleaning the classroom really well...so I'm ready to hit the sack!  Tomorrow I'm going to set up 6 fly zones in the room, using desks to create runways, and have paper airplane demo flights.  We're testing out sharply pointed plane noses vs. wedge shaped noses!  Wish me luck!!
Happy Monday!
Courtney

8 comments:

Kim said...

Your classroom sounds like fun. Let us know which type flies better!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Your color choices are absolutely perfect. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.
You sound like a great teacher! We need more like you.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

I will echo lauren. all the way. Love the colors and you must be a fun teacher.
did you make up the pattern?
cathy

The Barn Door said...

Love love love the colors!!

Julia said...

Courtney your colors are so pretty. Your students must love being in your class. I know that they will have lots of fun. I can almost hear them now. JB

Cammie said...

Courtney, love your rug!! Can't wait to see it finished! Your class sounds like lots of fun!
Cammie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhh...I wanna come and play. Never could make a paper airplane that flew well. Rats.
:o( But - your rug is looking awesome!! Like - like REALLY like - the colors! Robin

brenda said...

The rug looks wonderful-- you are really making the pattern shine!