Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just a quick post to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers during the last couple of weeks.  My courageous mother passed away last Monday.  Though there is much sadness, her pain and suffering are over.  She brought much creativity into the world, through her painting, drawing, gardening, quilting, knitting, and rug braiding.  There wasn't anything she couldn't master in the creative arts. 
Your support during these days has meant so much.  I am blessed.


34 comments:

weaverpat said...

Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to you at this very sad time.
I hope remembering the happy things about her will help you through the grieving.

Pom Pom said...

Thinking of you, Courtney. Praying for comfort and peace.

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Sorry to hear about your mom.
The peonies are beautiful.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Courtney,
Sending up prayers for you and yours. So sorry for your loss.
Robyn

Saundra said...

Although I know you will miss her presence she will remain in your heart and mind forever. When my mother passed it was a blessing because she had been in such pain even with the prescription drugs she was taking. They are now pain free. Bless you and your family during this time of healing.

Saundra

Sherri Farley said...

I am so sad to hear this news. My Mother is very ill so I do feel your pain. My thoughts are with you.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sorry for your loss.When they are long suffering it is better to finally be at peace.Take comfort in the sweet memories.Prayers & Hugs!~Amy

Lisa said...

Courtney, So sorry to hear she is gone. I will be praying for you and your family. I know how hard it is. Thursday would have been my dad's birthday. I just keep telling myself that it will get easier. Hang in there. Lisa

Jane said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, Courtney. It helps to know that she is no longer suffering. And she will always live on in your memories.

Rowan said...

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Farm Girl said...

I hope you are doing better. I know it is hard. I will continue to pray for you.

Cathy G. said...

Courtney,
I am so very sorry to hear of your dear mother's passing. Flowers as those beautiful peonies bring comfort and promise that in days to come your heart will heal. Sending prayers and hugs!
Cathy G

Linda said...

Courtney......so sorry to hear of your loss. But I know of your feeling that she is now painfree and at peace.
Linda

thecrazysheeplady said...

{{{hug}}}

Julia said...

Courtney, I'm sorry about your loss. No one can replace your mother for you but her legacy of who you are, lives on in you and we all love you dearly.

You can take solace in the knowledge that she lives in heaven where there is no more pain or suffering but complete joy and love with the Lord

Sending you healing thoughts, prayers, love & big hugs.

Julia

annie said...

No words are enough or adequate. God be with you all.

jody said...

courtney, i am so sorry for all you guys have been thru the last few weeks ect.. loss is a tough one, life will always be different after a loss. it sounds as tho she has left alot of wonderful memories and that will help bring healing for you. sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way courntey...

Doris said...

Courtney, our prayers and thoughts are with you during this time of loss.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

You have my heartfelt sympathy.
Kim

Larkrise garden girl said...

Courtney, I am so sorry for your loss of your wonderful mom. She sounded so creative and interesting!You were blessed.Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Courtney, I am so sorry to read of your brave mother's passing. What a talented lady she was. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Blessings, Julie.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
I am so sorry for your loss. It's not easy.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Earlene said...

I am so sorry about you mom.
oxox

The peonys are a beautiful color!

Angela said...

I am so sorry about your loss of your mom. You have my deepest heartfelt condolences.

Hugs,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom......you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Cindy in ME

Jacque. said...

Courtney...my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Take care.

Taos Sunflower said...

Dear Courtney: My heart goes out to you during this time. You are blessed to have had such a wonderful mother. She now lives on in you, and everyone else whose lives she touched. Hugs, Martie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Coutney, I am so sorry that I did not know about your mother. I can see where you have gotten all of your talent. It is sad to lose someone you love so dearly. I am glad that her pain is now gone. I know that she surely will be missed. My mother has been gone over 10 years. Still, I miss her every day. God bless you and your family!
Hugs,
Jann

Suzanne said...

So very sorry to hear the news Courtney. Sending you prayers and hugs as you begin your life without your beloved mother. She will always be with you when you make her favorite recipes, work in your garden or knit or sew.
Suzanne

woolyredrug said...

Courtney, My heart goes out to you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Delisa said...

Thank you Courtney for letting us know about your Mom. I am so sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathy is with you and your family at this time. It sounds like your Mom was a wonderful person and it is such a blessing that you have so many happy memories to comfort you at this time and share with others. With Love, Delisa

camp and cottage living said...

Courtney
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I see now where you got your creativity. Your Mom was a talented lady. I know you'll miss her.
Blessings-Kimberly

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Dear Courtney - I am so very sorry to read this - and as sorry to have missed your prior post and the opportunity to have supported you in prayer. My mother has not been well either, and my days are no longer my own, so I missed this and your previous post. I am so sorry and hope you will understand and forgive. For now, I will hope and pray that you find comfort in your faith, and that soon you will find joy in your mother's memory and that the thought of her will bring a smile to your lips before a tear to your eye.....She was a gifted woman - and I know that beauty lives on in you....Hugs my friend....Robin

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Courtney, I'm still catching up from being away. I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your Mother. No matter what age, no matter how or why, it is never easy. My heart goes out to you, and will keep you in my prayers for you to find peace in knowing her time here was fullfilling. What beautiful paintings she did. My mil was a painter too. Memories you will cherish. Hugs...