- I don't know how to post on Facebook. There are too many layer between the "likes", the "sharing", and the "tagging". Let's just hope anything I've commented on gets back to the original poster!
- You can have no appetite and still gain weight. It could be the chocolate covered graham diet I'm currently on...just saying!
- Hooking in a spiral doesn't mean your lines will curve. All of a sudden, the rows run straight, and you have to turn the wheel sharply. Same thing happens with life!
(could I hook any more slowly...)
- I spin more wool than I knit and skeins of yarn are piling up! Where are the knitters?
- Some people actually have and go on vacations--to really neat places--and relax and have fun--I'm totally going to look into this!
- I currently have the bedtime of a preschooler--it's still light out! Do they still make Geritol? I could use some.
- I don't have a maid...I just discovered this when I realized my house hadn't been cleaned in over a month.... now, if someone could just explain to me how to use the vacuum...
- Hard boiled eggs explode when you boil them dry. Really.
27 comments:
Your spiral rug looks great. That will make a nice chairpad. Don't worry about hooking slowly, its not a race. Besides, my hook has cobwebs on it.
Oh you sweetie girl, I had to laugh about the geritol thing and the vacuuming ~ well guess I could relate to everything you wrote. So that is why I was chuckling to myself. Plus you have been under a lot of stress lately and that has drained you.
As for your spiral mat, I haven't started mine but expect that I'll have to assist the rotation thing and add more wool on the curve ~ nire wool on the outside tapering in toward the center. Hey, it sounds easy but since I haven't started mine yet I'm soon to learn.
But I do know that the hit and miss is't as easy as one would think.
Courtney, don't be too hard on yourself, you just lost your dear mother, I can only imagine the stress you have been under. I think the spiral chair mat is coming along nicely. Hugs to you my friend, Julie.
Yikes! Those are some hard realizations!
Hopefully when the school year is over you will have more time for rest and relaxation. The sadness and stress of losing your Mother is bound to take it's toll.
Thanks for the update on Sophie. Cat can take time to bond, but in the end it's worth the wait. My girls will be two this year and they still have far too much kitten (badness) in them,!
Your rug looks great, I am so sorry you are having to learn these lessons.
I never knew that about hard boiled eggs.
I do know that carrots will ruin the pan when you let them boil dry.
I know you have so much on your plate.
You will get face book. I have gotten all of your comments I think.
It will get better.
Courtney ~
Great post!
Don't feel bad. I, too, am Facebook stupid!
Your spiral mat is lookin' good!
Take care, dear blog friend. You have been through a lot lately.
Hugs :)
Lauren
I have been on those vacations I feel you come home more tired than when you left, take day trips.
you have had a very full plate give yourself a break and do what you can and leave the rest.
Cathy
LOL! I think you must be very wise now with all these things you have learned!
Hi Courtney!
How funny! I have the bedtime of a preschooler, too.
I wish I was your neighbor. I'd buy the wool!
Sometimes things we learn in life makes us smile. And your post did just that for me this evening. Most days I sure wish I had a maid. Love the spiral you are hooking. I would love to learn. Hope you are having a great weeekend.
Angela
Hey Courtney. Take your time...no hurry for anything. Love your rug. Facebook remains a semi-mystery to me. Take care.
Aha...that's what I forgot....I don't have a maid. :o Seriously - I can relate (too well) to this post. But, at least, I can finally be of service and cheer - as I am here to inform you that there is someone who hooks more slowly than you -and that would be me.... At least you are spinning - I have no fruits of any variety from my hands to show of late..... Holding you close in thought and prayer ~ Robin
Hugs to you Courtney! Sounds like your mind is in a zillion different places all at once... life can get pretty hectic at times... I am praying things balance for you soon!
Hahaha! Courtney you made me laugh and your life sounds kinda like mine!!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Karen & the Hounds
Courtney: you have me laughing this morning. I'm with you on the weight gaining, the build up of hand spun yarn, and early bedtime, which doesn't seem to help anyway. Maybe that vacation could be to ignore your housework a while longer? XXX
Those are all great lessons to learn. I can relate to each and everyone of them. You made me smile!!
~Cammie~
Courtney your spiral rug looks wonderful! I too know how you feel ~ just like that sprial rug spinning out of control. Hopefully life will settle down for you.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Prim Blessings
Robin
P.S. I too just realized I didn't have a maid either ~ Alzheimer's!!!
Hang in there! Now is the time you must be kindest to yourself!
Amazing the things we learn about ourselves as we go thru life!!!!
Courtney, It's a time of reflecting with the passing of your mom. Just be you and realize what a lucky person you were to have had such good person in your life.Big Hugs and hugs Cheri
Hi Courtney, love your new rug, the colors are so beautiful! I know what you mean about the weight thing. It seems like I hardly eat anything some days, but the scale doesn't want to budge. I have also experienced the exploding hard boil eggs! You have been so busy and had so much on your plate lately. I really admire you Courtney, sometimes we don't realize that when we are at our weakest we are really being so strong. You have been accomplishing so much and are going through such a difficult grieving period. Just take it all one step at a time and like Saundra said, don't be too hard on yourself. I think you are amazing! With Love, Delisa :)
Courtney,
Many of us can relate to some, if not all of your life lessons. Summer vacation is coming......it will be a time to breathe deeply and be good to yourself. Missed seeing you at the Camp Wool hook-in...... looks like your spiral rug is coming along nicely though.....I also am a
s-l-o-w hooker, but I get there! Wishing you days of peace and sunshine.........
Cindy in ME
I think it looks great! That is something that I can't do and I don't even have the time to even think of doing it. lol I go to bed too late and don't want to get up in the morning.
Courtney
I don't know how you can work on this at all-I'd be getting dizzy, for sure.
Don't beat yourself up for being tired-getting up and working everyday is tiring!! Just think summer isn't too far off now and you can catch up on all sorts of stuff then.
Take care-Kimberly
Fabulous! Love your sense of humor and I think your spiral is gorgeous!
Surely you're burning more calories than you think...surely! Lovely spiral mat and like the colors; it's so cheerful.
Be easy on yourself; grief is a harsh master and it always come when least expected and stays longer than wanted. Let time and God's healing touch work on your life; be gentle with yourself.
Post a Comment