But now, I want to get caught up with the Farmhouse Chats that happen over at Everyday Ruralty! I love going over and sharing with everyone on the farmhouse porch! Here are the week's questions!
Questions
- What's your favorite day of the week? Why? I like Fridays because I can finally relax into my best life...good Husband, good food, good wine!
- What's your favorite Christmas movie? I love The Grinch. I always read the story in the same tone as the movie. It's fun!
- Is there a Christmas Carol that's special to you? I was very big into choirs in high school and college. I have sung so many wonderful pieces. My top three are Riu, Riu, Chiu; O Magnum Mysterium, and In Dulce Jubilo.
- Is there an art or craft that you'd love to be able to do? I'd love to be able to do that wonderful counted cross stitch. I've bought some patterns and sent away for floss and linen. Let's see if my eyes can handle it!
- Do you have a live Christmas tree or an artificial one? Live...all the way...I get my way, hubby wants an artificial.
17 comments:
OH I like your answers for Chat. I cannot ever read the Grinch out loud unless I do it with the sound of Boris Karloff. I have tried.
I am glad you are doing better. I had to get very strong reading glasses to do counted cross stitch.
I can't see either.
So glad you passed your tests for both states, Awesome.
Have a great week!
Congratulations on passing your tests! Isn't it nice to get that over with and out of the way so that you can enjoy the holidays? Rather unusual selection of Christmas carols! I should know these, all my children were in choirs. In Dulce Jubilo does sound familiar. Glad things are getting back to an even keel for you!
Courtney, Please forgive me I am still getting caught up on my blog reading. I am so sorry to read that your home was burglarized, the intrusion makes my stomach turn. I hope dear Gus is okay, do the police have any leads as of yet? Congratulations on your test results, very impressive! I need to mention how much I like your latest hooking project, perfectly primitive. I agree, a live tree is the only way to go, it just would not be Christmas without one, needles and all! Have a great week, blessings from Dog Trot Farm.
Courtney ~
Congrats on passing both states' Praxis tests. I'm sure that is a relief!
You are so musically inclined I am jealous. I can't carry a tune in a bucket as they say.
As for counted cross stitch, I did it for years and then the eyes started to go. After 20 years and now having bifocals, I can see to stitch under my Ott light. I doubt I could stitch on dark linen, but lighter colors are okay, just nothing over 30 count...lol! Now if I could just find the time...sigh.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
So glad you are all done the testing. I still think of you and the beakin I am still so sorry. I too love Fridays. I want to learn the russian needle punch I have tried but I pull out all I put in or it is uneven. We have a fake tree when we have a tree my daughter was allergic.
Cathy
Congrats my friend on the Praxis!! Yea!! Was there ever any doubt you'd come through with anything less than flying colors?? And what's not to love about the Grinch and wine??? ;o) Sounds like a good combination for the evening in fact....Wishing you an awesome week ahead....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
Courtney, I had every confidence in you that you would do well on your tests and you did. I'm glad that you are feeling better.
I haven't had much time for Blogger either lately. It all I can do to read blogs and leave a few comments to my faithful followers.
I love those porch chats too but sometimes I can't always leave comments.
I love Sundays because we go out to breakfast and to church. I work 7 days a week so it's nice to have time out for a few hours with my husband. My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street. I love Away in a Manger.
I would love to learn painting.
Because of our busyness we have a good quality artificial tree that we have been using for years and looks still pretty good. It sets up in minutes and is great for old folks like us.
Have a fun filled week. JB
Hi Courtney, I have just been catching up on your posts that I missed. so sorry about the break in. I'b be one mad mama also. Maybe the police will recover some of it. Sure would be nice. Congrats on the award. I will pop back when I have more time and try to visit them. It was fun learning a bit more about you. Have a fun week with your class.
Congratulations on passing your tests!
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
You'll have to share your stitchin
with us!
Have a great week!
Prim Blessings
Robin
Congrats on passing both tests! I like the way you worded you answer for question 1... "can settle into my best life"... that's true for me too, but I haven't ever stated it that poetically! :-)
I love the Grinch too. I caved to the pressure of convenience and bought an artificial tree this year. I have mixed feelings :(
Courtney..... Very fun reading your answers to the questions. I love stuff like that on blogs! It's just another way of getting to know people you may never actually meet. Oh... I read down aways, and so, so sorry about your break-in. How invaded you must feel!! And then an observation the next day. I taught for many years, and those observation days are stressful enough without something like that on your mind. I'm so glad your pets were fine, and no one was hurt.
xo
dulcy
Hi Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal. That happened to us twice at two different houses when we lived Los Angeles. No matter what it is they take it does makes you feel like life has been turned inside-out for awhile. What really helped my anxiety was to start making new good memories in the house as soon as possible, inviting friends over, baking, bringing in flowers ect. I also had to really work with myself not to dwell on what ifs and I talked a lot of my feelings out with my husband and friends. It sounds like you are taking some very wise precautions. It was wonderful that you were able to make it into work to take your tests and find the joy in being with the children! I hope you have a lovely day and thank you again for all of the sweet comments that you have left on my blog. I always appreciate them so much. Delisa :)
Hi Courtney, Life gets back on track somehow.I am glad you passed your test and you can have a sigh of relief! The Grinch is such a funny character.I feel sorry for him.I tried the counted cross stitch.Several of gals in my rug hooking are fantastic cross stitchers and I even bought a magnifying glass but it was too hard on my eyes and neck.Hugs Cheri
Whew ~ Getting the results of those tests before Christmas will let you relax and enjoy the holiday and coming new year. Sheesh, can't believe that it is Christmas time yet again; seems like only 2 months ago we did this.
Glad you are doing well at moving on and leaving the past behind.
Hey Ms. Praxis Champ!
What great news about the Praxis! It is tough to do, but especially when one is working, too! Hooray!
So, I am so tired of knitting right now... I have this lovely lovely hooked rug waiting for me to finish grading final examinations. Then, my Special Chair, Ott Light and I are going to spend some quality time with a sweet little hooked kit! :)
Are you off for Christmas yet? When do you get a break??
Have a wonderful week!
Congrats on passing your Praxis! Great job. Good luck on the cross stitch, I have made a few when I was younger, now I have a hard time threading the needles for my penny rugs, can't even imagine all the counting with these old eyes.
Cathy
Post a Comment