Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

So, I'm 50!!  And actually, I'm pretty happy about it!  How freeing in many ways...

We had to work yesterday, but I was sick, so I went for half the day.  My husband came and picked me up and then I went straight to bed.  We went out to dinner last night and it was wonderful.  The restaurant was all lit up with candles.  Having a birthday at Christmas can be very romantic.  

Thanks to all of you who have sent Birthday wishes...or even blogged about it!  I'm so touched.  





Today, we finished up some last minute shopping...I baked cookies for my FIL while listening to Christmas music...bliss!  
My MIL, who had surgery recently, is home, safe and sound.  We are headed there for dinner tomorrow.  
 
My boys called to wish me Happy Birthday.  They are both working tomorrow, but I'll see them next weekend.  So, even though I'm still battling this cold...it's been a lovely couple of days.

Welcome to all the new followers I've picked up!  There are so many of you!  I'm so touched that you are interested in my blog!!  
 
I am blessed to have this blog, honestly.  It has become such a source of friendship and fun.  As I approach my 1st year anniversary of starting this blog, I'm so honored to know you all and call you friends.
  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! 

24 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! Hope you are feeling completely recovered. And have a Merry Christmas!

Joanne said...

Why welcome to the 50 club! 1961 sure produced a lot of wonderful people (smile!) and bloggers! Happy Birthday! Love your pics of the ornies and kitty! Happy Christmas to you and yours!

Kim said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday. Life begins at 50 - enjoy every minute friend!

acorn hollow said...

A Very Happy Birthday courtney! Fifty is freeing for sure. It sounds like you are doing a bit better. Our little grand baby turns one on the 29th so she shares a December birthday.
Have a wonderful Christmas
Cathy

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Happy 50th! It IS good to be 50, isn't it?!

Merry Christmas,

kim

Margo said...

Happy Birthday Courtney and A Merry Christmas!

The Barn Door said...

Happy Birthday Courtney and Merry Christmas! Feel better soon!

Rowan said...

Merry Christmas and a very Happy Birthday too.

moosecraft said...

Happy Birthday and a very Merry Christmas to you too! It's been a heck of a year for you... time to sit, relax and enjoy the peace of the season! :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Happy birthday and Merry Christmas. I hope you are feeling better and can enjoy your Christmas vacation!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Stephanie V said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you feel better enough to enjoy your celebratory day! I think Christmas babies make the season that much more festive!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you had a happy birthday. Have a wonderful Christmas too.
So thankful for you as well,
I have to say, next to turning 16 and getting to drive, 50 as afraid of it as I was, I love the most.
I love this age. :)

weaverpat said...

Happy Birthday!
Fifty is a special milestone. It's like you have lived long enough under the constrictions of youth and now you can be Yourself!
Great pictures of your lovely ornaments.
I love that little Sophie! Is she preparing to chew the tree branches???

Dog Trot Farm said...

Happy Birthday Courtney and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope you feel well soon, enjoy Christmas vacation. Seasons Greetings, Julie.

Earlene said...

Happy Birthday to you and Merry Christmas!
Earlene

Suzanne said...

Welcome to the 50+ Club Courtney!! Here's to good health, happiness, and lots of time for crafting!!

Debra said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Merry Christmas!

Joni of Fully Wooly Primitives said...

Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2012. much happiness, love and good health! 50 is a wonderful age...cheers Joni

woolwoman said...

Happy Birthday ! 50s not so bad - Hope you are feeling much better and had a wonderful christmas. Melody

matty said...

Happy Birthday, Courtney! Frankly, I wish I had hit 50 much sooner! My whole attitude about life changed on that day! It is marvelous!

Enjoy your break! And feel better Soon!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Happy belated Birthday I went out of town for Christmas. I hope your feeling better.I love your ornaments and your blogger friendship, Hugs Cheri

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Well a very Happy 50th to you! Hope your feeling better by now. Enjoy your boys next weekend!

Pom Pom said...

Happy Birthday, Sass! (I love your blog name!)
The fifties are fantastic. I'm 53 and I agree that the fifties are an enlightening and creative decade! Welcome to the club!
I love your words about blogging - so TRUE! Blog friends are precious indeed!
I hope your cold is completely gone very soon!

Taos Sunflower said...

Courtney: Happy birthday! Enjoy your fifties, they're great years!!!

XXXX