Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot LIke Christmas

Finally, we got the tree up.  Funny thing, though.  When we moved, we thought we packed and moved all the Christmas lights...but after searching for over a half and hour...we still couldn't find them.  So off I went to get more!!  We went with a small tree and I didn't put up any of my vintage glass balls, but instead went with the more homespun types.  I think it looks great!
It's actually hard to get a good picture of the tree!!  Here's photo of the fireplace.

And a cozy kitty!
Isn't she sweet?  Sophie is really settled in about now.  She tries to bat Mr. Gus...but he pays no mind.  She plays and has her favorite windows...and she doesn't live under the couch anymore!! 

29 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Don't you just hate when you can't find something in the house? So annoying!
I absolutely LOVE your fireplace.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Cathy G. said...

It's looking really cozy around your place! It's great that Sophie is settling in too!
Your tree is beautiful and I wish I could come and drink eggnog by your fireplace and watch you spin wool!
I think we're getting some more snow or snizzle here tonight..... Dave is carrying in wood for the stove at the moment!
Warm wishes!
Cathy G

The Kaizen Project said...

WOW! I love your tree! I am kinda jealous of your fire place, we would never use it here, cause well I live on the sun, or so it feels all year round LOL.

Jacque. said...

Beautiful tree, beautiful fireplace...looks very cozy there.

Nancy said...

All three pictures would make wonderful Christmas cards...love the tree, the fireplace is so inviting and I see your spinning wheel over to the side and of course Sophie is beautiful......Don't you just want to hug when they are all cured up asleep?

I wish we could sit by your fire and spin together...wouldn't that be fun.....

Hugs to you sweet girl....

jennifer768 said...

The tree is beautiful and I love that gorgeous fireplace.Sophie is so pretty ,she looks so peaceful.Hugs,Jen

weaverpat said...

Beautiful tree! Beautiful fireplace! And of course, beautiful Sophie!!!
What a perfect setting for the holidays.
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely pictures!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Lovely fireplace.

matty said...

How very pretty! Once I lost my lights for two years. They had been put in the wrong box.... they were with Easter stuff and I didn't decorate for Easter for two very sad years... LOL

Your hme looks cozy and inviting. Put on a cuppa, won't you, and I'll be right there!

One more week! Are you counting down yet?? I am!

Earlene said...

Your tree is beautiful and that fire so cozy. I don't blame your cat for being curled up cozy.
Have a good night enjoying those pretty lights.
Earlene

Julia said...

What a warm and cosy atmosphere you have created in your new home.

I can imagine someone spinning by the fireplace with the cat curled at her feet purring away while the tree lights sparkle in the quiet evening while a dusting of white snow gently fall on the trees outside. Magical.

I hope that you will find time to enjoy a bit of Holiday Cheer for a few days at least. Hugs JB

Hugs. JB

annie said...

Your tree is just lovely, and that is an amazing fireplace!

TheCrankyCrow said...

A perfect picture of warmth and coziness Courtney....I love the Christmas lights reflected in the windows....Ahhh...the light issue. We have one every year. Last year someone must have broken in and stole our lights from the upstairs of our garage leaving the totes, golf clubs, tools, etc. in tact. (Whatever!!!) Anything not to put the lights up around here!! And your dear sweet Sophie - I wanna scratch behind her ears and snuggle up with her....so precious! Have a great week ahead...the countdown is on! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Farm Girl said...

It looks very pretty and cozy. So glad you got settled in so nicely and I think your photos look great.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love your tree Courtney.
Oh and I wish I had a fireplace like yours ~ I would love the warmth. Sophie looks like she's enjoying it!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Taos Sunflower said...

Such a cozy home you have made. Love your tree. I had to laugh about you not being able to find the lights...they'll probably surface about the time it's time to take the tree down! LOL

The Barn Door said...

Courtney, your home looks so warm and inviting! Just beautiful!!
Happy Tails,
Karen & the hounds

Stephanie V said...

I'm coming to sit by your fire, pet the lovely cat and settle down to hook and chat. Those photos are so welcoming.

Jane said...

I love your fireplace! Looks just like a Tasha Tudor illustration. I can really relate to the missing lights. My husband and I live in two different homes. Never can tell if something is truly lost or just at the others house.

camp and cottage living said...

Courtney
Your fireplace looks like it belongs on a Christmas card!
I'd love to see your 'homespun' ornaments up close.
Kitty definitely looks happy!

Cammie said...

Looks very cozy and festive at your house. No wonder the kitty is at ease there! Thanks for sharing!!
Happy Holidays!
Cammie

Larkrise garden girl said...

What a pretty Christmas your family is going to have. How warm and inviting your fireplace and tree looks and kitty is one lucky Sophie.

Tammy said...

Your Christmas house is looking very homey!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Beautiful tree, Courtney...most all of my lights didn't work this year, so I had to buy more...that's so frustrating! I love the glow of your living room with the fireplace. Everything looks just beautiful!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Oh, I just love your fireplace, so warm and inviting. Your Christmas tree is lovely, I spy your hooked mat on the wall, very nice indeed. Sophie appears quite content, I do hope Gus is well. Blessings, Julie.

Christine said...

What a gorgeous tree all lit up like that and the fireplace - it's wonderful! Just my idea of a perfect roaring Christmas fire!
Thanks for sharing!
Christine

Teri said...

Hi Courtney,
I think your tree is perfect ... Can't find a good Doug fir here to same my life ... unless I want on that was cut "fresh" in September!
And don't feel bad about not finding your lights ... I still have more than half of my things in storage ... going on 3 years now.
BTW, how nice was that of your co workers to pitch in with all the goodies ... So now you have bling!
Have a great week and thanks for sharing!
Teri

Patrice said...

Your fireplace looks so inviting.Cute kitty!

Delisa said...

Hi Courtney, such a precious kitty! Your house and fireplace are so beautiful. There is nothing so cozy and inviting as a big roaring fire! I hope you have a wonderful day ahead! Delisa :)