Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sick as a Dog, But Still Hooking a Cat

Hi there everyone!  Welcome to all the new followers joining me in my little blog world.  It's nice to have you along.

I've been really sick the last several days...naturally...it's my spring vacation.  I actually had the same thing over February break.  Apparently, my body has decided that when vacation comes, it's time to let go and take on all the little germs that float through my classroom!  So, after four days of major aches, fever, and killer cough, I'm finally on the Z pack and back on my feet.

I did manage to decide on a border.  I thank everybody who had a suggestion.  There were so many good ideas!  I may have to make more than one cat mat to try them out!  But, as with any home craft...time and supplies tend to dictate where we end up!  I opted for dark brown lines with a bit of color running through in a hit or miss way.  I did use squares with hearts in the corners, using the same orange/red as the  heart in the kitty.  I've got one border and two squares done so far.  I'll post a picture when I get more of it hooked. 

I do have something cool to show you though.
I found this at a favorite antique store last week.
I thought it had possibilities to become a rug design in many ways.  You could play with the size of the sheep and the house, but I especially loved the "Friendsheep". That's what I feel I've found here in blogland...Friendsheep!  ~Or at least friends who like sheep a lot! ;-)
Courtney

16 comments:

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, I am glad your on the mend. The sheep are darling. Yes it would make a great rug. Cheri

Doris said...

Courtney, I love the "friendsheep" - they are not only interesting but have lots of possibilities.

I'm certainly glad you are on the mend. I hate these spring colds so inconvient when the weather is nice.

The Barn Door said...

Good that you are feeling better. Love the Friendsheep!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww...Poor Sweetie - sad to hear you're battling the crud. Methinks maybe you might have a wee bit too much on your plate - so the minute you breathe out, so-to-speak, your body just succumbs to the nasties! Gotta take it easy, Girl! Can't wait to see your kitty rug border....Love the Friendsheep (literally and figuratively)!! Take good care - Smiles~Robin

Cathy G. said...

Hope you stay on the mend Courtney...... that stuff turns to pneumonia pretty quickly sometimes so take it easy. Love the friendsheep idea for a rug..... and I can't wait to see the border on your prim kitty!
How's Gus doing?
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Sorry to hear you have the crud ~ especially on your spring break! At least you are hooking. I look forward to seeing your progress.
LOVE the friendsheep.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I love that Friendsheep. What a find! Definitely has some good rug design possibilities.
kim

Julia said...

How bad lucky to be stricken with a stinking cold on your vacation but how so very lucky to have found that delightful charming FRIENDSHEEP wooden decoration. I love it. I hope that you feel better soon. JB

Melaine said...

Courtney, love your Friendsheep. Feel better soon.
Melaine

Kim said...

Friendsheep - LOVE it ! We must be the same - I always get sick when I get a vacation. Rest up and get better soon.

Suzanne said...

Courtney -- Sorry to hear you're ailing. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jacque. said...

I sure hope you're feeling better soon! No fun to be sick at any time, but when you're on vacation? ugh. Love the 'friendsheep'! Can't wait to see what you're doing with your border on the cat rug.

Gayle said...

What a great set of sheep to add to your collection! I recently got a new one too - they're so fun!

moosecraft said...

So glad you are recovering from this whopper of a flu that's going around... looking forward to seeing the next progress pics on your cat rug! The Friendsheep is a great find! Thanks for the idea to hook it into a rug! I just might give it a try!

Sarah said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you recover quickly. Love your little cat mat.

Sarah

Unknown said...

I love the Friendsheep.
Sure hope you are feeling better as of now.
I look forward to seeing Friendsheep turned into a rug.