Thursday, April 28, 2011

On the Runaway Train

Today, we listed the house and Sunday will be our first open house.  The realtor took some amazing pictures and we've priced it very reasonably, so I'm hoping that someone will pounce on it this weekend.  I know that's optimistic, but when I compare it to other properties in the same town, this house blows away the competition. 

I've spent the last few days gathering papers for applying to three different school districts up in Maine.  As I've said before, it's like running for President.  I now have a folder that is 1.5 inches thick.  They want transcripts forwarded, three letters of reference, applications filled out, copies of resume, cover letter, sample lesson that demonstrates your philosophy of education, and in that state, fingerprinting.  Now I know how my poor students feel when I assign a large project with a big checklist! LOL

Everyone at my school has been supportive.  And you wonderful blogging buddies have been very supportive as well.  I really appreciate all the well wishes and cheering to go for the dream.  It's funny, a friend mentioned that if it were all about the money savings, could I make it up by working in the summer, or selling things on the side.  But, after I thought about it, I still wanted the country and chickens and to be in a simpler area.  So, I do know I am moving in the right direction and the details will work themselves out!  One tiny step at a time!

My rug is finished. 

I didn't end up whip stitiching it.  With everything I'm trying to do, that was just too much!  I've bound it with black rug tape, and I still need to attach a label, but it's steamed and ready to go on Saturday. 

It's about 18" by 24".  Bigger than I really thought it would be!  I'm pleased with the result!
Have a great evening!
Courtney

12 comments:

Cathy G. said...

Courtney,
I hope the momentum you've got going will bring you many serious home buyers! If I may humbly suggest you put some photos of the house right here on your blog! Cost free and you just never know who is reading that may want to relocate to your locale!
Love the way your rug turned out with all the charm of a prim cat and a great border!
Stay optimistic!
Cathy G

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Your rug looks so wonderful. I think living simply is good. A country life style is wonderful and I know you'll like it plus a whole new move what an adventure with places to explore, Cheri

Julia said...

Courtney, you sure don't loose time getting this house on the market. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will have great result and have many offers right away.

I live within the city limit but still live in the country. Love the large space and quiet but life is still busy enough without the rat race of the city.

I hope that you will have your dream home in the country living the simple life.
Your cat rug looks great even without whipping. JB

acorn hollow said...

I sure hope that this weekend brings you news of a pending sale. I think it is wonderful you are going for what your heart wants. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

It seems to me, Courtney, that you've already managed most of your hurdles very neatly. If you can know "country," "chickens," and "simpler," with the confidence you've just shown in what you just posted, the other pieces will fall into place ever so tidily I'm sure. I take your (wonderful!!) primitive kitty as a token of that. Sometimes trying to "simplify" gets very, very complicated as I have come to find out. But it looks to me that you've come to know what your heart has been telling you for a while already. Very best thoughts and wishes being sent your way.....Robin

The Barn Door said...

Hope the house sells quick for you. I LOVE your kitty rug. What a great job you did!
Karen

moosecraft said...

I'm so happy for you! I'd LOVE to be moving to a simpler (read quieter) area with trees and fresh air! So, I will be looking forward to seeing how your move goes and enjoy your country through your blog! :-) Your antique cat rug is amazing!!!

Unknown said...

I love your kitty rug. Looks great.
Wishing you the best on your move.
I hope you have a great open house.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Really hoping your home sells fast for you. Your rug turned out cute~ Loved the hit and miss. Had to giggle when you said you knew how your students must feel. My daughter has said to me, "if the teacher only knew" lol. I will tell her that some really do!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Here's hoping for a quick sale!
LOVE the kitty rug. I didn't realize it was that large. You hooked that quickly.
Have a great hook-in.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Tiff said...

I hope your house sells quickly. I know how much I hate to have open houses and showings, it's exhausting.
Where in Maine are you looking? I know many towns are really tight on their budgets and actually cutting teachers, but hopefully some of the richer(or wiser) towns are still doing well.
If you need any info on areas, let me know.

Tiff
Ps, thank you for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate your comments :)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Tiff,
We're looking up in the Berwick area. There are some jobs up there that I am applying for. It's such a process! But, I have faith that everything will work out!
Thanks for stopping by!
Courtney