It's been a while since I've gathered on the porch for a good old chat...but I need a lovely break from crunching report cards...so I'm headed over. You can go too....here at Everyday Ruralty!
Here are this week's questions!
QUESTIONS
- Tell me a fond memory of an elderly person? My fondest memories are of my Grandmother. She was amazing. My brother and I thought she was the mistress of the universe. Just the kindest, most caring, loving woman ever. She taught me to knit. And sew. And love. I remember coming home from school one day to find her making crepes in the kitchen. She always had the best stuff cooking. I am the cook I am because of her. I am the person I am because of her.
- What's your favorite flavor of jam or jelly? Do I have a favorite? I've made many jars of blackberry this year. I recently tried Queen Anne's Lace jelly I'm hooked! I'll be making this over the summer!
- What goes through your mind when you drive by one of those whopping, huge houses that look like something in a magazine? McMansion...and no imagination. Sorry to those who live in one! I'm sure they are very nice.
- What's your favorite way to relax? Spinning wool. Lately, rug hooking. The more I do, the more confident I feel...and now it's getting fun. A nice Pinot Grigio helps a lot too!
- What's your favorite kind of pasta? I love a good spaghetti carbonara. But, send a good fettuccine my way and I'll be just as happy! Pasta of any kind is alright by me!
Thanks to Patrice for hosting another lovely chat.
My Magdalene dog rug is almost finished. Here's a picture:
I'm also due to go to a rug hooking guild this weekend. I'm very excited to meet some hookers from the area. I'll give you an update.
Welcome to my new followers! Many thanks for following along!!
28 comments:
I love your chat. I love the story of your grandmother, I want to be just like her.
My grand daughter who is 2 was looking through my sewing thread like they were jewels. I told her when she was older I would teach her to sew. It was a very emotional moment for me as I remember watching all of the ladies before me. Isn't it nice to have such a lovely person in our lives. Who made us what we are?
Your rug is beautiful. You have done such a wonderful job.
I've never heard of Queen Anne's Lace jelly - had to google it! I'll be trying it this summer!
My grandmother was my very favorite person when I was growing up...such wonderful memories! I've never heard of Queen Anne's Lace jelly, but I love the flower.
Good luck getting those report cards done...been there, done that.
Robyn
I think a lot of us were influenced by good grandmothers. I know I was. Hope my grandchildren can say the same.
Love the dog rug~ especially the wool colors!
Laura
I really love your dog rug, so nice to visit!
Loved reading about your Grandmother Courtney! She sounds like she was a lovely person and she certainly influenced you to be the loving and caring and talented lady you are!!
Love your Magdalena rug! It's a beauty!!
Hope you survive those report cards and have fun at the hooking event this weekend!
Hugs!
Cathy G
Wonderful chat!
I'll have to look into that queen anne's lace jelly. Never heard of it.
Your rug is turning out great!
Prim Blessings
Robin
What a fun chat.I never heard of Queen Anne's Lace Jelly before ,I guess I will be researching it.LOL! Love the rug.Hugs,Jen
You've answered those questions similar to what I would have said... but, the Queen Anne's Lace jelley has my curiosity? What does it taste like? Enjoying seeing your progress on your rug! :-)
Lucky you getting together with rug hookers! a little wine helps me relax also. love your rug.
cathy
Your grandmother sounds like a real treasure. It's amazing at the gift they can impart on us as we grow up. Gifts that endures throughout our life time.
I'm real curious about Queen Anne's Lace jelly. Never heard of it till now.
Your little dog rug looks sweet. Hugs. JB
I think grandmothers were made for just the influence you were talking about...Makes me want to be a better one....
I love this rug and my you are almost finished...What plans do you have for it.....?I hope you have lots of fun in your rug hooking group coming up....It's always nice to get with like minded gals....
When you mentioned spinning, I immediately wanted to run to my wheel. I have done in spinning in while and it's way over due. Thanks for the encouragement...
Doggie is looking very nice Courtney. Have fun with the hooking guild ~ I'm sure you will.
Saundra
yum queen annes lace jelly! i will have to make some or hunt down some! i love queen annes lace in the garden! your hooking is coming along great! i bet your anxious for summer! enjoy your day!
Seriously, you spin wool? Now, that must be really neat. Those things I have never done before - too involved. But, it would be nice to watch you do it,though. I think it's really cool!
Spaghetti carbonara was a weekly staple in our house when my kids were growing up. They loved it so much I had to make it that often. After all, whatever the kids will eat. And Daddy loved it, too. Bonus!
So does Pinot grigio make the rug hooking better? or just things in general? I'll have to give that a try when I'm needing a little relaxed imagining on a design.
I'm off to google Queen Anne's Lace jelly. I love the flower - even though it is a weed - and the jelly sounds intriguing.
I'm your latest follower....found you over at Everyday Ruralty. Love, love, love your new rug!!! What talent you have!!!
Courtney
Aren't Grandmothers great!!It sounds like you had a very special one too.
I do like your doggy rug-the colors are especially pretty together.
Have fun this weekend!
Hi Courtney, I loved your post today! I loved my grandmother too, she is the one that inspired me to learn how to knit and crochet. She died before I was old enough for her to teach me, but she left behind boxes of beautiful doilies and I was just fascinated by them and my memories of her crocheting. Have a good afternoon and I hope you get some time to work on your rug tonight! Delisa :)
I've never heard of Queen Anne's Lace jelly. You'll have to fill us in about it. I've missed you. I'm so glad you stopped by!!!Your grandmother sounds like she might have been mistress of the universe! How neat! Have a great week!
I loved the story of your grandma. Your grandmother sounded so precious and your jam yummy. Hugs Cheri
Your grandmother sounds lovely, I hope my grandchildren have those sorts of memories about me.
Pasta, wine and spinning... I think we need a play date!
Blessings, Debbie
I wish I had appreciated the time I spent with GJo (my dad's mom)more, she lived every so simply and wanted for nothing.
I'm good with a good old strawberry jam on anything but especially homemade oat rolls.
I love to stitch wether it is a wool applique or a stitchery. I always have a project with me where ever I go, waiting to pick up the boys, dr appts., sports events...that is therapy to me.
When I see those big houses I think "they have to heat and clean that, no thanks".
Did I cover everything...can't remember? Better go stitch :)
Project looks great!
Kendra
After reading your q%a I realize that we have much in common..... also, your new rug is soooo sweet! And.... LOVE the blog banner. Have fun hooking this weekend Courtney!
xo
dulcy
Hi Courtney! I just thought I would stop in and say hi this afternoon. It has been a busy week for me and I haven't had a chance to go blogging in several days. I sure do love your dog rug. It is so pretty, you probably have it all finished by now. I hope you had fun at your rug guild meeting. Spring is really in the air here in Georgia. Everything seems to have turned green over night. I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead! Delisa :)
I dearly LOVE the Mrs. Pollifax books! Did you know there are 3 movies? I've never seen them but am always searching.
Post a Comment