Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Quick Hello

I've been so busy getting my classroom ready, I haven't blogged much.  I'm trying to keep up with the blog reading, but my comment amount has certainly dropped--sorry about that!  We're gearing up for Irene here in NH and though we don't have the generator yet, we've stocked up on water, candles, batteries, and flashlights.  I'm making a yummy bean and ham soup tonite, with some peach crisp, using fresh local peaches. 

Last week, I went to the wool sale at Wool and Goods.  I mostly wanted to up my wool stash and I found some nice wools.  Here are some of them.
Afterwards, I checked out a primitive/antique shop nearby and found this great cart to put into my studio to store wool.  My studio is really on the back burner right now, but I have lofty plans for the fall.
It has wheels on one end, so you can move it around. 

I started a new rug...I know, I haven't bound the flower basket rug yet!  It's a pattern from Payton Primitives.  I'm having fun hooking it.
I went to my favorite antique store today and found a little fall decor.

Everyone is bracing for Hurricane Irene.  We took in the outside furniture and even my two little tomato plants I have in pots.  We rely so much on electricity in this house...our well, stove, lights...I hope we don't lose power...or at least not for long.   We are getting a shed built this coming week and then we'll buy our generator, but for now, we're vulnerable.  I'm more worried about my boys.  They live in the Boston area and bicycle to work.  I called both yesterday to play the worried Mom card.  I'm the type of gal who wants her people all under the same roof.  But, they are smart and will make good decisions. 

Have a safe and sound weekend folks.  I really am planning a lovely giveaway, probably next weekend.  Stay tuned.

16 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Great wool and great cart for your studio.
have a couple of buckets of water to flush the toliet incase it lasts awhile.
I am not convinced it will be that bad for us. I do think we will get a lot of rain.You soup sounds wonderful.
stay safe.
cathy

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Be safe. Good luck. Fortunately, you can hook rugs without electricity! I love that newest rug you started. Fall is my favorite season.
kim
p.s. I am with you on wanting all my loved ones together and safe where I can see them during things like this. All shall be well.

Julia said...

Courtney, you wool is lovely and I'm sure that you'll hook something nice with it. How lucky to have found such a nice cart for wheel on wheels for your wool. It's all coming together as it should.

With this being your first class in a new school and neighborhood, it must be nerve racking. I can imagine how busy you are preparing for the first week. I hope that you get a terrific class of kids.
I hope that your weekend isn't too wet and windy. Stay safe. Hugs, JB

Kim said...

Hi Courtney, I hope all your family stay safe from Irene. Tonight brought in all the patio furniture and loose stuff. Everything else got bungee corded to the deck. I don't have a generator either so I hope any power outages tomorrow are brief.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your new rug you're working on - makes me want to pick up my hook again (yeah, I know - it's been a while...) And the new wool looks yummy - but, oh - that cart is all kinds of SWEET! Love it! Glad you're prepared (and, oh....that soup sounds so, so, good) - we don't have a generator either - we're not in Irene's path - but for as much and as long as our power goes out, I've been bugging the hubby about one (Over Christmas one year, we were w/o power for almost 3 days - a few weeks ago, another 13 hours....too much for my taste....) Praying you - and your sons - and others are safe....and we'll see you safe and happy on the other side of Irene....Take good care friend....Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Yummy new wool! It's always fun to add to the stash! Love the fall rug you are working on!
Stay safe and hopefully Irene won't cause to many problems.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Wendy said...

Hi Courtney :)
LOVE your new yummy wools! Can't wait to see what you use them for ;)
And your new rug is looking very cute... loving the pumpkins
Hoping that you and your loved ones stay safe during the scary weather you're having, and good luck for when you start school :)
Hugs Wendy x

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Stay tune... I am thinking to make another giveaway very soon. I already read your blog and I love it. Great findings and the rug looks amazing, can't wait to see it finish. Your rug school for kids is an awesome idea, I want to learn rug hooking but I think That I need to used youtube, LOL.

Farm Girl said...

So glad you are doing good with your first week of school. I know you boys will be okay. I know that I am the same way, I just want my chicks in the nest.
I love your new rug. It is really pretty. I like your new cart that would be so nice to have to store wool in. Mine is just piled up right now as I keep trying to figure out what to do with it.
I will keep you in my prayers as the Irene is there but what is on the radar.

moosecraft said...

Great wool and cart and LOVE that rug you are hooking! We are experiencing Irene right now it is sure is WET!!! lol! Fair share of wind too... praying everything stays together here through the storm... so I can get life back to normal tomorrow and get some stitching and hooking going!

Jacque. said...

Love that cart...WOW! What a find!

The Barn Door said...

Courtney, stay safe and it sounds like you have a good plan to do so! Love all your 'finds', lucky you. I want to come over for dinner, that meal sounds heavenly!!
Fur Hugs,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney,
Love your new wool colors as well as the fall rug you are working on. I SO admire your primitive antique find.....that cart is just the thing for wool! Would love to know the name of that antique shop...I'm still looking for fun places to shop up here. Good luck with the start of your new school season. Doesn't seem possible that it is that time of year already. Enjoy your yummy dinner and dessert and stay safe.
Cindy in ME

Suzanne said...

Hope you're safe and sound today -- I've been watching the storm make its way up the coast. I love, love, love that rolling cart -- a terrific find! Take care.

Cheri back to larkrise said...

Hi Courtney, Stay dry and safe. The news has been non stop about Irene. I love your wools so pretty! When do you get enough wool? Never I say.Lol I hope Irene gets tired of being a brat and just goes out to sea. Hugs Cheri

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Hi Courtney: hope Irene passed you by, though I heard Vermont really suffered from the rains. Have fun in the new job and the new house. Sarah