However, sometimes you have to try to get past this:
You've got to click on this picture to get the full effect!
I've been picking everyday with the plan of turning it all into blackberry jam to have for the winter. Might have to sneak in a blackberry crisp as well!
I'm averaging about two cups per day. I like to go out early in the morning, while it's still cool. It's become the best part of my day...despite the nasty gatekeeper and the scratches I'm getting from the thorns!
I bought my first shrub for the yard. It's a butterfly bush with deep purple flowers. I started to dig a hole and plant it, only to discover that underneath a mere three inches of topsoil, I have loads of sand. So, I picked up some bags of compost to add to the soil. I'll have to go slow with the gardening, beefing up the soil in the beds as I go. Makes me long for chickens even more! ~Grin~
11 comments:
Wowie! What a gate keeper! Good lookin' blackberries though!
That spider was Big!!! Those berries look yummy.Have fun gardening.
I am so glad you are picking blackberries. They look wonderful. Your soil is that sandy? Well at least you know you have good drainage.
That is a huge spider. It was kinda pretty though. I made the mistake of planting Boysenberries with thorns. Much better fruit than thorn-less but oh, the pain. I come in covered in scratches and then I have to sit and pull out stickers.
It all looks like you are enjoying yourself, I am so glad.
Have a lovely week.
Oh those look wonderful!! Watch out for those spiders, yuck!!
That's an impressive spider and it's made a lovely web.
The berries look yummy. They will make delicious jelly.
Please give that sweet Sophie a hug for me!
Courtney ~
Oh, those berries look yummy! My Dad used to have black raspberries and they were my favorite!
Now I would much rather come across a (small) snake than that giant spider. Creepy.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
Oh, I hate that type of gate keeper! I have been running into the smaller version myself picking our blackberries .The berries look delicious.Hugs,Jen
Yummo...blackberries are one of my favorite berries...just plain please - hold the little green worms. And I'll take your Miss Charlotte over those things hanging from my tree trying to eat her kind any day....In fact, I had one of those garden spiders spin the most beautiful web on the bush opposite the snake tree one year and left it there undisturbed. It bothered my sister so much she will now only visit in the winter months...although the spider has been long, long, gone! Good thing three people have to sign in order for an involuntary commitment in our state...I already have two standing in line!! Happy Monday, friend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
yikes I think I would let him keep them. Not sure if the chipmunks are getting ours or they are not quite ripe yet hmmmmm
Cahty
Blackberries! How divine...I'd have a hard time saving enough to make preserves...
COURTNEY.....you need to warn us before tricking us into enlarging a photo of what appears to be innocent foliage. Eeeeeeek, that was a yucky spider! Lol
Post a Comment