Here's my next rug project. It is a lovely little doodle by Betty at primitivebettys. I love her stuff! They are so lighthearted. She calls it "Symple Scissor". I thought it would be good to work on to take my to a next level.
I've pulled some wool to begin:
Once again, the camera lies. The light blue is really a darker teal color and the purple next to it is some of the brown I dyed the other day! Oh well.
I spun and spun today. I'll have some pictures of finished skeins tomorrow when they dry. I went to the thrift store yesterday and scored a little applique kit.
It has some nice templates and a couple of patterns in it. Not bad for a buck.
My little rug hooking group did fill and we'll start on Wednesday after school. These templates could be very helpful for that class. I'll keep you updated on what the kids can do. One of my boys, who is a good little weaver, wants to barter me for either a skein of yarn or a small hooked mat for a woven wall hanging! He's quite the fiber artist!
We had actual melting today, but I feel it was actually just messing with our psyches.
Have a lovely evening everyone!
Courtney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sweet little pattern, it is hard to photo the right colors on the wool.
have a great weekend
cathy
Looks like some great wool choices for the new rug. We had some melting today too - which I was hoping for last week. Now it has just complicated my leaky window. I guess I am never happy! lol
Have fun, cheri
Neat little rug pattern you got. Lovin all the colors you have pulled for it. I have never tried dyeing wool yet.
Great thrift store find the kids will have fun with all the templates, hope you show us some of the things they make and your rug as you hook it.
That's a sweet little pattern! I know you will have fun with it!
I love starting a new rug!
Have a fun week at school with the new group! That is exciting!
Cathy G
Courtney ~
Betty does have some great designs. I'm sure the wools you have chosen are much better in person. I can never get the true colors of my wool either.
I look forward to seeing your skeins.
Hugs :)
Lauren
Courtney,
I also love Primitive Bettys ... who doesn't!
Can't wait to see your skeins.
And your in MA. right? Well, it's only Feb. yep, mother nature is just messing with ya...
Stay warm.
Teri♥♥♥
Post a Comment