Hi there folks!
It's been a crazy week. I feel like I've run from meeting to meeting, corralled wayward children, fretted about finances, and not stopped, despite wanting to drop since last Monday.
Hubby and I got the taxes done on Saturday. (Yeah!) We ran many errands. Too many. But, we did manage to go out for a Valentine's date last night.
We have a favorite restaurant in town. I had a wonderful dish called Osso Bucco. It's pork, on a bone, that is cooked until "falling off said bone tender" in tomatoes and red wine. Hubby had sirloin steak and a rare martini--so that was fun.
Today, I finally began the rug I laid out over a week ago. As I mentioned, it's a pattern from Primitive Betty's blog. I started on the main flower hearts.
The teal is somewhat dark, but I have a lighter one. So, I'll try it with the dark for a while, then swap it out to the lighter if it doesn't work. See...I'm learning!! The hearts I do like though.
I did my little run to the thrift store and to Jennie's (my fav "antique" store) on Saturday before we went out for dinner. I scored a couple of fun things.
Some awesome mother of pearl buttons!
And some nice tin candle sconces. These were a steal at $3 for both. My kitchen is wallpapered in a maroon with a yellow, cream, and green flowery background. I want to strip it off and paint it a primitive yellow. My cabinets are cream, the beadboard is green and the bottom cabinets are red. All very prim. I think the plain walls would showcase things better. Not to mention brighten up the room a bit. I'm tempted to start this reno over February, but I should wait until April.
I'm happy to report that it is 5:30pm and the sun still hasn't gone all the way down!!!! There is hope everyone.
Beef stew is bubbling on the stove, I have a chilled glass of pinot grigio, the fire is burning brightly, I've been able to hook all afternoon, and the days are getting lighter...perhaps all is right with the world after all!
Have a lovely evening everyone!
Courtney
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 2
5 hours ago
6 comments:
Hi Courtney, The way you described the day was
fantastic.I could almost see you sipping on your wine and hooking away. Lol.
sounds like a perfect weekend. We didn't do much and my husband is bringing home take out for dinner tomorrow which makes me very happy.
I love your buttons and I got a set of tin sconces around christmas love them.
cathy
I noticed tonight it didn't get dark at 5:00, it was about 6:45!! Wow, the little things that keeps us going LOL!!
Courtney ~
I was looking for a picture of the start of your new rug. Perhaps your next post? Great that you got to sit and hook the afternoon away!
Yes, the days are getting longer and I love it. Our temps hovered around 40 today, but with the wind it still felt bone-chilling cold, but at least some of the snow is melting.
Hugs :)
Lauren
OK, Courtney ~
I'm really not totally losing it! The picture of your rug did not load the first time, but after reading the comment you left on Kim's blog, I went back and lo and behold, there it is!!!
Your new project is darling! I noticed tonight how it was still light outside after 5:30pm. It made me happy too.
Post a Comment