Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I loved the little musical angels in this card!  I hope you do too!

I have reworked the same section of my little rug so many times that it is wearing out!  It looks like I've made no progress, but believe me, I've tried about 3 colors in the same spot!  I told you I was color challenged!
I swapped out the dark teal for a light teal, then ripped all that out and put in a yellow.  Only, now one flower petal is wonky, so I'll have to fix that! 

I've gone around the hearts with a brown that I wanted use for the background, but it's hard to tell where they begin and end...at least for now!  Settled on a green for the stems, but all my colors seem so dark.  Geesh...maybe I just need to spin for a while! ;-)

Hope you've had a good morsel of chocolate today!  I know I have, and need another one about now!
Have a wonderful evening!
Courtney

8 comments:

Larkrise garden girl said...

It's looking good. Happy Valentine's Day!
Cheri

Kim said...

I like it. Keep going for a bit longer before you tweak again. It will look different once you fill in a bit more.

Melaine said...

Courtney, I agree with Kim. I like it and think you should fill in some more and you may just like what you have done. Toodles,
Melaine

The Barn Door said...

Keep at it, you will get it. I think it looks great!
Karen

Joanne said...

Next time before you rip out or "reverse hook" as they say - put in some background - your background can sometimes change the entire look - I know often I think "what was i thinking" but i keep going and once I have something around it it's good again!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
I am color challenged, too, but unlike you, I rarely reverse hook. I learn to live with what I've hooked...lol!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Cathy G. said...

..... I agree with everyone's comments and sometimes looking at it in natural daylight the next day has a whole different affect! Don't give up!
Cathy G

acorn hollow said...

I too have times when I know that a color is just not right. But I rarely reverse hook. I get discouraged easy and I feel the I learn from each rug.
cathy