Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chats on a Farmhouse Porch

I'm starting to really look forward to this weekly chat courtesy of Everyday Ruralty!

I have tomorrow off and it is like a gift from The Heavens!!  I plan to bake and clean and put together a little hooking kit for a dear blogger friend!  It will just be so nice to hang with the fur babies.  I wish Mr. S&W could be home too...but at least he'll have Friday off! 

Here are today's questions!
1. What are you thankful for?
There really is so much.  I've grown into a person that really does see the goodness of my life (I didn't always).  I'm learning to like and appreciate my job...mostly the kiddos.  I love all the wonderful talents that I'm blessed with!  I adore my husband...I searched for him for many years, and I'm so grateful!  And I am especially grateful for my two wonderful sons and the joy of watching them enter into their manhood.  I'm so proud.  I'm thankful that life is filled with more joy than sadness these days.  And then, there's chocolate...but that would take too long to tell! LOL

2.  Jellied cranberry or whole berry cranberry?
I am really a cranberry sauce snob.  I always made my own, from scratch with grated orange peel...blah, blah, blah.  Then when I met my husband, he like the can version...the stuff that has the ridges of the can still on the sauce.  Well, he was so hooked on the stuff, I've let him have his way for all the Thanksgiving we've spent together...it seemed like an easy enough trade-off!


3. How many will sit at your dinner table Thursday?
Not many.  Just me, hubby, his parents, and his sister.  My boys will try to come on the weekend.  One is working and the other is definitely planning on Saturday.  I'm the type of gal who doesn't want to put too much pressure on folks to be in too many places at once during the holidays.  It's just a day.  I promised my son a NH apple pie on Saturday, though, and clinched the deal!!  A Mom's gotta do what she's gotta do...

4. Would anyone who visits the porch be interested in some  type of Christmas card or small gift exchange?
I'm in!!  That would be fun!

5. Do you venture out on Black Friday?  Never, ever, ever!!  I can't stand crowds!!

I hope to touch base with all of your before Thursday.  Have a lovely evening!

17 comments:

Patrice said...

Thanks for joining in. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I still want to know what's in that NH apple pie :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Fun! Thanks for sharing.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jane said...

Had to laugh about the cranberry sauce in the can. We always had it as a kid, but no one ever ate it. It would just sit there on the table in all it's jellied magnificence. We would refrigerate it, where it would travel about until finding its final resting place at the back of the fridge until someone would be brave enough to toss it while my mother wasn't looking. Have a happy Thanksgiving, Courtney!

Kim said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving. I'm a jellied cranberry girl all the way. That lumpy stuff - yuck!
Kim :)

Wool-Stitches said...

Love your post! Years ago I did try making the cranberry sauce.... Umm helps to put the lid on blender! Ha! What a mess to clean up. Happy Thanksgiving! Elaine

acorn hollow said...

I like anything cranberry.
I never do black friday the crowds would do me in. have a wonderful thanksgiving.
Cathy

Dog Trot Farm said...

Just finished up making my cranberry relish, but hey, I enjoy cranberries in any shape or form. Can you believe we may get a storm tomorrow? Best get my pies made early! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, sending blessings your way, Julie.

Farm Girl said...

I am with you, I hate crowds too. I love reading your answers and I bet I could sit and talk about them to you you for days.
Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

jennifer768 said...

Enjoyed your post!Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!Hugs,Jen

TheCrankyCrow said...

The more I know you, the more I know you're a girl after my own heart. Except, I kind of do like the jellied cranberry stuff - we always have that - and the cranberry/orange and a cranberry salad (nothing done small in these parts!) But Black Friday - no way. In fact, I balk at shopping any time after Halloween....think that would inspire me to shop early? Heck no! Wishing you a wonderful holiday day,week, and weekend...Enjoy the family time. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Suzanne McClendon said...

Hi! I'm here from Patrice's great porch and enjoyed reading your responses. I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day and weekend. I agree, a mama's got to do what a mama's got to do. :)

Joanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I've always liked the jellied cranberry sauce - even as a kid.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Hi Courtney, nice to 'meet' you. As far as cranberries go, we hardly ever come across them here....well, they're in the shops, but they're not 'big' like you folks have them.
Have a lovely day tomorrow, and a lovely weekend
Blessings, Anne x

Stephanie V said...

I remember seeing that canned sauce at a friend's place when I was a kid. I was fascinated by the imprint of the can's inside. I've never tasted it, though, as we were - and are - also cranberry snobs. Cranberries are a local crop and buying the canned stuff just seems so wrong.

Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Tracy said...

So did you get all your baking done? In answer to your questions...let's see if I remember them without looking back; 1.) I'm thankful for so much, even the difficult times as they remind us to give praise during the good times. 2.) Not a cranberry fan at all so canned or homemade; you can have them! 3.) My son, my husband and I will be sitting at our table. 4.) No, I do not venture out; being the anit-shopper, if you can't get it on the interent I don't need it! that truly sounds harsh doesn't it, but I'm really not that bad.
Have a blessed day Courtney!

Teri said...

Happy Thanksgiving ... Be thankful you have it off.
Teri