Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Witch

    With pointed hat and long-crooked nose
    The hideous hag on broomstick goes.

    Flying through the black night sky
    To frighten any passerby.

    An eye of newt and black bat wings
    She concocts a spell of horrible things.

    Her black cat follows everywhere
    Her witch's cackle fills the air.

    And in the murky, misty fog,
    She’s turning princes into frogs.


Have a spooky Halloween night!

11 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Love your pictures! You too have a lovely Halloween evening.

Kim said...

Happy Halloween. We had about 45 little demons. (first one was a friggin clown - arrgh)

Dog Trot Farm said...

Happy Halloween Courtney, love the poem and pictures. I bet you'll have a few students on a sugar high come morning!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

BOO!
Happy Halloween to you too!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Larkrise garden girl said...

Boo! Morris is in for the night.I think it might be foggy tonight,I am trying hard not to snack on the candy.LOL

Nancy said...

A sugar high....so true.....love the pictures....
I hope you have had a happy evening with no pranks.....

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the poem and graphics Courtney....A good ol' fashion Halloween....Pretty quiet one here in Nod...Only 5 little ones graced my doorstep...but better than none...Hope you had a hauntingly wonderful spook night! Smiles & Halloween Hugs ~ Robin

moosecraft said...

That's a great poem! Happy Halloween to you!

Doris said...

Courtney, I have been reading your blog altho I could not comment. I hope this works! Love the poen and the pictures. Hope you had lots of tricksters!

Julia said...

Hi Courtney, as you can see, I'm back and I appreciate your comment on my blog. My daughter Jackie helped me get back my gmail and now I've got it backed up with another email just in case.

I love your Halloween poem. Take care, hugs. JB

Pom Pom said...

I love the picture you chose! I have an old Eloise Wilkin Hansel and Gretel book that has the scariest witch ever. I remember looking at it to give my little self delicious scares!