Worry--vb 1. to choke or strangle 2. to harass by tearing, biting, or snapping 3. to shake or pull at with the teeth.
Oh, wait...that's what dogs do...I mean the other worry....
to afflict with mental distress or agitation: to make anxious
Well, I'd say I have reached the apex of worry in the last week. There are some good things happening. The house is pretty close to being sold! Yeah team! Maybe I should consider a career in staging houses! We feel we've passed the inspection. He didn't find anything major and liked the house a lot! The buyer is still very eager to have the home....all good.
I also have procured an interview. I have my (hopefully first of two) interviews this week. I bought a new suit. A cute little blue linen number. I even went up a size so I could breathe! I haven't really dressed up very much in the last several years! LOL I'm really excited, but nervous too. Hopefully, this won't happen:
We've been looking for a house in Maine and have looked at two properties. (I know, only two!) And though each one had some great things, there were pieces that gave us too much pause. I'm less worried about finding a house. We could rent for a while, until the right place comes along.
I'm really trying to calm down, trust in the higher power, and ride this wave. Isn't it funny that God teaches us through the most interesting ways, to have faith, to trust, and to try to stay in the moment and enjoy life? So, as I lose sleep, obsess, pack in my head at 2 am, interview myself in the car on the way to work, and already miss my friends here in MA, I look for grace, and faith, and hope, and belief!
I've only been able to knit lately, and sorry to say, I've ripped out more rows than knit! The poor recipient of this scarf will probably see it when the next snowflake flies. ;-) I'm dying to pull out the rug again, but I'm not sure where I've squirreled everything away when I super cleaned for the open house! ~grin~
I so appreciate all of your well wishes. It's so nice to have an on-line cheering squad!
Hugs!
Courtney
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 2
5 hours ago


17 comments:
Oh Courtney, I've been where you are and know the feeling of the bitter sweet of moving and leaving friends, but with your bubbly personality you'll make new friends and then think of all the human-touch you've had made and the many more friends you'll have.
And, if you're like me, even tho you've looked at just two homes you already have envisioned where some of your furnishgs will be placed within the house. That's just what we gals do.
Good luck!
Hey Courtney,
When we moved to KY. we only looked at 4 houses. The Amish house we purchased not only spoke to my heart but it spoke to the business end as well. It all worked out ... Don't let little things scare you away from a house.
And try to not to worry .. at least until the buyer says you have 30 days to get gone!
Have a great week.
Teri♥♥♥
I would say you are in a really great place. Not the worry part but the house selling part.
It sounds so good, I hope you do find a bit of time to hook.
YAY, an interview and a house sold...I'm so happy for you, Courtney! And, truly, if you place your trust in God, and give your worries over to Him, you will know peace like never before! Rock on!
I have thought of you a 1000 times a day I swear. I am sending good vibes your way for your interviews. The right house will come along when it is suppose to. I would be sleepless also but you are following your heart so it all will be ok I am sure of it.
best wishes my sweet friend
Cathy
Selling and buying a house is never easy, but usually works out eventually.
Your interview will go good if this is God's plan for you at this time. Trust Him.
Hang in there friend. It is a scary and stressful transition but also an opportunity for new blessings. You will find a home that speaks to you - just be patient.
Courtney ~
When you set out to do something, WOWZA! I can't believe how quickly things are moving (te he) along.
Good luck with the interview in your cute new suit. You should share a pic with us!
Big hugs :)
Lauren
Oh Dear Courtney - I can only imagine what you must be living through - but it is truly natural for it to be this way - what - no worry? no doubts? no "what ifs?" If every change were without question, hesitation, doubt, or worry, we would not appreciate it for the momentous event that it is. Sounds to me things are going along swimmingly ~ and as others have said, the other pieces will fall into place when they're good, and right, and ready. Try to get some sleep friend - and trust that He's saving some good surprises for the finale! Smiles & Blessings ~ Robin
I know it must be so easy to obsess over this stuff. Try not to worry. I am amazed at how fast your house is moving along. It seems that all this is meant to be. I just know that the rest will fall into place. How exciting. Hang in there. Lisa
Hi Courtney, Worry is something we do but really there is nothing we can do. Everything will turn out how it is suppose to be and you will be in Maine teaching playing with your wool and enjoying a new start in your life. Hugs Cheri
Hi Dear Courtney, Just get things in perspective here. Selling a home is a really big thing. Don't buy a home in haste. Like you said, you can rent for a while until the right home comes along. When there is no doubt then purchase it. but goodness sake, not in a flood zone like us. It's nice in the summer but not in the kinds of springs we are having lately. Sorry for not having been around lately but life became very busy for me. Best of luck my friend. JB
Hi Courtney,
It sure seems like things are moving along real quickly for you! It surely must be a sign that the time is right! You will know the right house when you see it...... you have a good eye!!
Keeping you in positive good thoughts as you make the transition to great things!
Cathy G
Courtney...you have a kindred spirit in the Midwest...I've been living in a state of chaos since last summer when my husband got a promo at work.
Trying to make a move with a high-schooler is gut wrenching...Thank you for your post...it rings so true...Wishing you all the best! ~L
One of the many things I continue to love being reminded of in my life is how things always seem to work out the way they should, no matter how much worry time I waste. I love that you're open to renting and not rushing into something you might regret. It truly sounds like things are happening the way they should, in their own time. Great news!
Courtney..... sounds like a lot on your plate at the moment, and you are in my thoughts.... I'm assuming all will work out wonderfully for you! Also, those photos from the hook -in are fabulous! What incredible work..... rugs just keep evolving all the time, and I see so much that I would like to try. Looking forward to hearing about your home and interview.
xo
dulcy
Awww hoping everything goes Smooth with the sale and everything will work out just right out on finding a new home! Loved seeing all the pics of the rugs....lots of great inspiration.
Post a Comment