Thursday, May 19, 2011

Two Down...One to Go!!

I haven't really been able to post lately, mostly because I've been waiting...waiting...waiting for any kind of real news.  When your life is in limbo, or should I say when my life is in limbo, I get sort of paralyzed!  I've been busy in my paralysis, though.  I had two interviews in the last six days and I'm thrilled to announce that I found a job in Maine!!  Yes, indeedy!  I'm starting in September teaching 3rd grade!  I couldn't be more thrilled...or relieved.  I teach 5th grade now, so this will be a lovely change of pace.  I used to teach 3rd grade when I first began my teaching career, so it's nice to be going back. 

So, the house inspection went well and things are chugging away--signed P&S, new job on the horizon, and the only thing left to do...find a place to live.  We have our eye on a place, but we'll see.  I'm sure that there will be houses coming on the market in the next few weeks still, so I'm hopeful.

I'm actually reeling from the rapid pace of these changes...but what's a life without change?  I often think that I'd like to have a steady and predictable life, with solid traditions and the comfort of the totally familiar, but that's obviously just not me!  My youngest son, Ben, once told me that he admired the fact that I've reinvented myself many times--and that is certainly true.  So, now I will become a teacher of third graders in a new school, a new state, in a new community and hopefully grow and expand in many exciting ways! 

There are no pictures of my new life though, so I'll share some of my rainy garden while I still enjoy the old house, in the old life!
Kind of green, huh?  I think it's the rain!  I really can't wait to get going and start the new garden!
Courtney

19 comments:

Jacque. said...

woohoo! Congratulations on your new job! Things are moving really fast for you. A brand new adventure just waiting for you to begin!

Farm Girl said...

I am like Jacque excited about all of the wonderful changes happening. I would be paralyzed too I think. I can't wait to see what kind of house God has waiting for you. I know He has the perfect one all worked out, he has sold your house and got you a job so fast, I know that the house will be worth the wait. I have a son named Ben too, :)
I sent you an email on gmail for the recipe. Thanks. I like that reinventing. Very important that we are always doing that, never do I want to be stagnant.

weaverpat said...

Horay for the new job!
I'm glad things are moving along for the new adventure. I know the perfect house will come along at the right time.

Linda said...

Courtney,
I have just recently found your blog and am looking forward to reading all about your new adventures. Good luck with your house hunting.
Linda

Kim said...

This is exciting news. You are obviously a talented teacher to get a new job so quickly. A new start and all new adventures. You are going to find your dream house any day now.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
CONGRATS to you. You have the hardest two things done. You can always find temporary living quarters until the perfect house comes along. Please share your house hunt with us!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Tracy said...

Courtney,
Congrats on your new position! I remember when we left Ohio and I interviewed in NC and obtained my job; the thrill and excitement of a new adventure! You haveso much to look forward to and you know, I love change...it's so exciting :)
Congrats to you!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Congratulations on the new position! My husband and his siblings are in the process of selling their late parent's home and are finding it is a buyers market. Hope you find the home of your dreams, welcome to Maine! Hugs, Julie.

Taos Sunflower said...

This is so very exciting!!! I love your spirit of adventure and am enjoying sharing it with you. Congratulations on your new job...I'm with Kim you are obviously a great teacher to have found a new job in such record time.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yay for your Courtney!!!! See!! I knew it, I knew it! I'm jumping up and down here and that isn't the prettiest sight in the world, trust me!! But I AM thrilled for you. I thought of you over and over on Monday and on Tuesday....wondering....so YES!! The two "ickies" are out of the way - finding a new home should be the fun part of this new path....Wishing you luck and the best kind of fate....Thanks for checking in with us bloggies...Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Julia said...

Courtney, I'm so glad that you got a new teaching job. I had absolutely no doubts that you would be successful with finding a teaching job because you are an awesome teacher.

I love your green garden. Good luck with finding your little dream house.
Hugs, JB

moosecraft said...

Congrats on finding a great job in your new beginnings! That seems to be the hardest part all taken care of! The new home will come to you... give it some time... :-)

Suzanne said...

Congratulations Courtney on getting your new job! Such a good thing to hear in this economy.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Congratulations on the new job. Looks like you are about to set out on a new adventure....exciting, nervous, scary, fun all rolled up into one!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Courtney, Your adventure begins. You created your adventure and it seems like all the pieces fell in place. Have fun writing about your new life and allow us the fun of following you along on the adventures of a lifetime. . Cheri

Teri said...

Congrats on the new job! I am sure you will find a house you just love. There is enough of them out there.
Are you wanting a house with land?
Anyway, try to relax and enjoy your new adventure.
Have a great week.
Teri♥♥♥

Cathy G. said...

Courtney,
I am soooooo far behind in my bogging! Can you tell?
Congrats on that new job! Third grade kids are so fun! I think you are fulfilling all kinds of dreams and good things!
There's bound to be some bumps along the way but they just make you fly higher!!
Soon we will get to see pics of your new digs and those chickens!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Teri said...

Congrats on the new job Courtney! No worries on the house it will come. I'm sure you will find a great new house that will be perfect for you.
And at least you have the hard part done. (job)
Can't wait to hear more on your journey to Maine.
Take care!
Teri♥♥♥

Laura Bradley said...

I had to laugh...I went to your blog...and I actually read it outloud...most of it..to my husband...I cannot believe how much alike you are to me...Its just uncanny. My husband said except for the part of being a teacher..you could have been writing it all. The best part was when you were talking about what your son said about you continually reinventing yourself...my daughter recently said the same thing to me in the exact words. I am queen of reinventing myself. I feel you are so much a kindred soul I cannot even explain. Your rug hooking/artist/creative bent... your love of plants(I am perennial lover and all things hosta queen)...your anxieties and worries...your obvious love of cooking/baking (I have over 400 cookbooks)... your obvious faith (I am a ELCA Lutheran youth minister--not working as such right now)....I could go on and on...how cool to have "met" you in cyber space! God Speed!