Tuesday, May 31, 2011

States of Change...Or, Changing States

I planned to move to Maine...I really did!  But, life has a way of turning you around!  We found a house!!!  It's in New Hampshire though, instead of Maine!  Actually, it's pretty much right on the line and only 20 minutes from my new job!  We put an offer in over the weekend and low and behold, the bank which owned the property worked yesterday, so we heard sooner than we thought.  It is the absolute perfect house for us!  So, all of you who pumped me up when I was feeling so crazy with worry...you were so right!!  Thank you, all of you, for your support and well wishes.  I really learned a valuable life lesson with this one...faith.  And frankly, that's a biggie!  Here's a little tour:
It's a new reproduction/antique cape.  It has two rumford fireplaces!
The living room.
The dining room with the kitchen off to the back.
The kitchen.
It has two bedrooms with a little room in-between that will be perfect for my studio!  The house comes with three acres which are wooded and filled with wild blueberries!  Short of having my children, or marrying my husband, I don't think I've ever been so thrilled!  Tom and I have been dreaming of a reproduction cape...we have loved these homes called Raeside Dames which are found in Southern Maine.  This is just like it...but smaller.  The perfect size for us!

In other news, I came home to another call for a job up north.  Obviously, I already accepted a job and I'm happy about that, but, when it rains, it pours!
Again, I am very grateful to all of my blogging pals!  You are always there to weather the storms, lend an ear, and give good advice.  I feel very blessed!
Courtney

25 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Dear Courtney~I can't tell you how HAPPY I am for you...Kim was asking on her blog what was making us happy today - and now I have an answer! That house is absolutely charming and wonderful!! Inside and out - and 3 acres to boot! Yikes, girl - I'm jealous!!! So....spill all the details...like, when do you get to move in??? Are ya gonna share blueberries with us?? When are you sending out our invites to visit?? ;o) Oh...seriously - so very, very, tickled for you, friend! Now wallow....! Smiles & Big Hugs, Robin

Teri said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Farm Girl said...

I am so excited for you!! What is there not to love, I love the floors and I love the roof and it has three wooded acres. Oh I am so very happy for you and you did find the perfect house. It makes me just laugh. I can't wait until you move it.
Yay! for God. :)

Farm Girl said...

oops, in it I meant to say. sorry, I was excited.

Cheri back to larkrise said...

That is a darling house! I love the door and Blueberries would be great in scones!

Amy McPheeters said...

Absolutely charming!!! And with a studio and blueberries to boot! Way to go!!!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Courntney, I am so excited for you! Your new home is absolutely charming and with two firepaces how wonderful. It was fate and it was meant to be, congratulations!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I love it. The kitchen cabinets are wonderful. Two fireplaces. What a wonderful place. God is good.

Sweet Sue said...

YAY! Luv the floors, fireplaces are to die for, always luv a red kitchen, what a great cape you've found, and with land ~ swoon! Hope we'll eventually see some blueberry goodies:) Very happy for you, thx for sharing pics.

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
Congratulations....what a wonderful cape with so many fantastic features!! I love the fireplaces, the pine floors, the country colors, etc, etc! I can certainly see why you are SO pleased with it. I'm glad that it all worked out for you.
Cindy in Maine

Cathy G. said...

Oh My Goodness Courtney! That house is a dream! It looks like something right out of the "old" Country Living magazines! You will be in heaven decorating and roaming those three acres for blueberries!
The part that's so intriguing is the room for your studio!
Now where are you going to put the chickens?!!
I am thrilled beyond words for you Courtney!
Hugs!!!!!
Cathy G

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

What a great house! And taxes are so low in New Hampshire! Congratulations. I'll be waiting for an invitation for blueberry pancakes made with your own fresh eggs!

Sarah

Rugs and Pugs said...

Courtney ~
Congrats to you!!! You must be walking on air. The house is beautiful inside and out.
You sure don't mess around when you decide to do something. Sell a house, secure a new job and buy a new house, in what? A month.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

Oh courtney you made an amazing decision! That house is beautiful. Now that you are really close to me you must give me a tour when you are settled. It was all meant to be for sure!
happy packing
Cathy

Julia said...

Courtney, I'm so happy for you that you got the house of your dream with three acres, oh my gosh and wild blueberries to boot. wow! I cant wait to see what you are going to do with this house. Are you gonna give us a tour after you are all settled?

Courtney, you move at the speed of a super woman who has all her t(s) crossed and her i(s) dotted and you were worried...I hope that you and your husband and Gus will be very happy there raising chickens. Hugs, JB

Suzanne said...

Most excellent news Courtney! Congrats on finding the perfect home. Wishing you many years of happiness and good health there.

moosecraft said...

How exciting!!! Looks to be the perfect size... and I LOVE those wide planked floors!!! 3 acres sound perfect too! Yep! I think you found your dream home! Congratulations!

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I. LOVE. IT.....Love. it. The charming rooms, the wooded acreage, the BLUEBERRIES!! All happy, happy things. Good for you!
kim

dulcy said...

Wow! Things are going just splendid for you! Love the house, and appreciate the little tour. I really enjoy seeing the inside of people's homes, especially when it has all the character of your new cape. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're moved in!
xo
dulcy

weaverpat said...

Oh, Courtney, that is a lovely home!
The old-style capes are so classic New England! Your lovely rugs and antiques will fill it to perfection.
Decorating it should be so exciting!!!

Laura Bradley said...

Hi my new friend...I just looked at the pics on your blog...I love it! Youre right it is just the right size...and the 3 acres...how fun! Room to plant and do stuff and room to just let it be naturally! Lucky you! I love the floors and the fireplaces just like everyone else has been saying! Will you keep the fanciful and happy colors? I like the colors! I cant wait to see what it looks like when youre moved in and starting to decorate! The house is cute with nothing in it! It looks like a house you should write a book in...maybe about blueberries and penny rugs and empty nesting life!

newburyarts said...

*****this is a ken dame reproduction. they are
wonderful...opnce you get there go and see his
reproduction village on jenny lane.

newburyarts said...

*****actually this is a reproduction of the
freeman farmhouse at sturbridge village.
usually ken adds a built in corner cupboard
to the dining room of his homes. you should have a lot of fun with this house. the rug
hookers in that area are the tin pedlars.
www.mainetinpedlars.org they will begin their
meetings in september...you should join them,
but you must belong to atha. good luck and
congratulations on the new home!

newburyarts said...

*****my apologies...i didn't completely read your last segment...all of these homes are
ken dame and you will spot them all over that
area and in the portsmouth area. a shop in
hampton falls, fiddlesticks, have a number of
customers who own these homes in the area.

Taos Sunflower said...

Wow...what an *adorable* house. What a find! Congratulations again on how this has all worked for you...as we say in Taos, it was clearly meant to be.